Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
The end of eagle was like many other dead domestic brands. It went from pride to platform whore and then died. As we have with the Talon/Laser/Eclipse, etc etc.
... and now Saab(possibly), Saturn(Opel's American outlet), Pontiac big time... (Pontiac G3=Chevy Aveo5, G5=Cobalt)

Just haphazardly looked it up. Jeep/Eagle was purchased from AMC in the late 80s when AMC went under. Chrysler milked all they could from Eagle until they killed it in 1998.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
To my understanding Eagle bought Jeep from Kaiser or Willy's, I don't know Jeeps ownership history, owned it through the 70s/80s or so when Chrysler bought the then failing Eagle company and only found that Jeep was worth saving. Moved Jeep to Chrysler, killed eagle. Only thing left from Eagle was the 4.0 straight 6 that powered the Jeep.

The end of eagle was like many other dead domestic brands. It went from pride to platform whore and then died. As we have with the Talon/Laser/Eclipse, etc etc.
and thank the heavens for that 4.0 straight six, their torque monsters for what they are, supply great power delivery off/on road, and are known to see upwards of 400 000 kms with out a rebuild. the jeep cherokees are found very cheap and are reliable as hell. they go anywhere with out a lift of any type aslong as it has decent tires, decent gas mileage for a stright six of its displacment, and sound wicked with a nice exaust, and when turboed or supercharged they can easily make upwards of 350hp on somethin like only 5 psi. so id say if you havnt bought that other car for 1000 yet go look into a cherokee. seriously, i bagged the hell out of mine, and it NEVER let me down once, i sold it for 300 bucks in almost new shape body wise, thing ran great i just had not insurence papers for it. so it went really cheap, usually they can be found in respectable shape for about 500 bucks keep an eye out for them, trust me if you havnt caught the off road bug yet, a jeep will give it to you the first time you take it into the bush!