Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-09-2009, 04:43 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default My Brushless Traxxas Slash vids and pics.

Well here it is folks. There were no pictures in my Past thread and I can't find it anyway so here it is now. (all writing below from BeatYourTruck back when the pics were taken) But before I get to that, not shown in the videos are my new Pro-Line Dirt Paws on RPM Revolvers and man they RIP on the grass and dirt and even on the some sandy spots but never do they run on road or else they will go bald and my old Slash tires were bald! Haha.
Specs:
Pro Line Dirt Paws
RPM Revolvers
Castle Creations Sidewinder ESC
Castle Creations Sidewinder 5700kv Motor
Team Orion Rocketpack 7 Cell NiMH 4500mAh
Replaced rear hubs
Replaced Rear Shock Tower
Dubro Wheel Nuts on the rear
Thats all I can think of

The video will upload later on..either to youtube or Photobucket, not sure yet. Anyways, here's the pictures, I will say the ones I might enter to the photo contest, you have to tell me which one you like best. Some are a bit shaky but others are awesome. It's much easier for me to get action shots on the grass because I do not have to worry about cars coming down the street or curbs..except the light post on my lawn and the bricks by the garden :P.

One of my personal favorite pics below

Might enter below probably not though

Or this one, check out the pizza cutters! :P

The one I am most considering below

This one is pretty cool

Great picture below of just moving!

Another one, see the front end smacking down?

Enjoy! All pictures were taken by driving with one hand and camera in the other. Camera used: Fujifilm Finepix S2000HD
Please view the videos below in HD. The one from the backyard had literally no traction and no room for speed. Jumping videos(30+ feet distance will be uploaded later this week) but no videos of my literally 15 feet high jumps off of 4 foot snow mound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_Mbgsaik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRt13u337o
Do not mind stupid comments by my friend in the jumping in his backyard video.

My Pro Line Dirt Paws on RPM Revolvers

Full pictures of this truck were messed up as soon as they hit photobucket.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
RC CRAWLING ADDICT!

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to amorton94 Send a message via Skype™ to amorton94

nice truck! I am going to get a slash sooner or later but i am thinking of getting the T-Maxx 3.3 first. i don't know why but i really want a nitro all of a sudden.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
nice truck! I am going to get a slash sooner or later but i am thinking of getting the T-Maxx 3.3 first. i don't know why but i really want a nitro all of a sudden.
Well don't get the T-Maxx to start! Get a Nitro Stampede haha. Mine's getting a new carburetor, new exhaust tip, and getting all cleaned. I love my Slash but remember mine is modified. Next up on the list for this beast is a Zippy Flightmax 3S 30C LiPo charged by my Duratrax Onyx 230, love that charger. Also next is rear tires for on road and my Sand Paddles that are on hold at the LHS for me. Got my gearbox all sealed and when it snows, I waterproof my ESC, put on my dirt paws and go conquer the snow. Hehe the 15" snow storm we got last monday(had our first snow day in 4 years!) and these dirt paws conquered every bit of it. Best tire I have to date on non-on road terrain.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 PM
is here

Updating this. Well I burnt out my pack, it got really hot during a run, started to sizzle and then just shut down. So I grabbed the truck, removed the body and removed the battery. Couldn't even hold it for more than 2 seconds. So today while picking up the Nitro Stampede from the LHS I got a new pack. Plus the old one from being burnt out/damaged couldn't charge for more than 15 minutes when a full charge is 50mins. Also I will upload them soon, a few days ago going WOT(wide open throttle) across my lawn, rammed full speed into the bottom of the bushes and mashed the front end on the body only. Now it has some nice big dents on the front end but it's still drivable without too much body rub. Also the Nitro Stampede is back and better than ever so my Slash will be seeing some downtime. Also Slash body has a ton of cracks in it from beating down on it, jumps, failed jumps, crashes, crashes into other rc's, crashes into me, yes I hit me, I tried to jump over it because I accidentally turned it and couldn't get it back, hit me in the foot where it then got crushed by my foot but it was ok... Ya know when a 22" truck is headed at you a 45mph(real mph not scale) you just stand still..not thinking until it is 5 feet within hitting you!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:07 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to redrunner07

nice truck. it looks like its got alot of power in it
Old 03-14-2009, 01:16 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Thats one cool truck! I personally am thinking about getting one of these. Do you reccomend them? what are some downsides?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Back from the bodyshop

I bought a slash last october and love it but is the brushless really woth the money? I know it makes it go alot faster but then I also heard that its no longer waterproof.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 03-14-2009, 05:57 PM
RC CRAWLING ADDICT!

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to amorton94 Send a message via Skype™ to amorton94

One of my friends has a stampede, but it doesn't work. And he (and his father) have absolutely no rc expierence. So maybe once I get familiar with nitro, maybe I can fix his and race. Bet I'll win Do you know why the lipo got abnormally hot?
Old 03-15-2009, 12:00 AM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner07 View Post
nice truck. it looks like its got alot of power in it
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
Thats one cool truck! I personally am thinking about getting one of these. Do you reccomend them? what are some downsides?
The only downsides are it traction rolls easily on concrete and the stock tires are garbage, throw them in the garbage and get some nicer tires. Especially with brushless power, the tires couldn't handle their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraboi97 View Post
I bought a slash last october and love it but is the brushless really woth the money? I know it makes it go alot faster but then I also heard that its no longer waterproof.
Waterproofing is very easy. The Sidewinder esc is water resistant but if I do snow bashing or water bashing, I waterproof it then head out. I sealed up my gearbox and taking it to the beach tomorrow. Waiting for my Sand paws to arrive so I'm gonna see how the Dirt paws do on the beach sand. They handled the very thick road sand well but they never really see road. Not supposed to anyway. Hopefully getting either Traxxas Anacondas or Pro Line Road paws for onroad, not sure yet. I'm gonna have a huge supply of tires for this truck and I want some Masher 2000's for the Nitro Stampede too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
One of my friends has a stampede, but it doesn't work. And he (and his father) have absolutely no rc expierence. So maybe once I get familiar with nitro, maybe I can fix his and race. Bet I'll win Do you know why the lipo got abnormally hot?
It's not a LiPo that I run, I use a 7 cell NiMH by Team Orion. Well I was accidentally charging it at 4.5Amps instead of 4 Amps. But that wasn't the problem. See the brushless motor tries to draw a lot of power from the battery but a NiMH won't supply that much so it overheats but I also have to gear it down some more. The motor and ESC are running good temps but I don't want to melt another pack. So I'm gonna switch from 23/86 to 18/86 or 18/90..not quite sure yet. Should have a bash video up tomorrow of the Slash, My Nitro Stampede(got it all tuned and runs great! New glow plug helped a ton) and my friend's Nitro Stampede(I tuned it for him but he needs a new glow plug)
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 PM
is here

Updating this again. Slash has been sitting for a while because I have been driving the Nitro Stampede a lot lately but hopefully will be bashing it again soon. Need some Road Rage tires for it also mounted on RPM Revolvers...first I need some money. But I broke barely the rear bulkhead on the Nitro Stampede but it works so I'm not sure how much longer it'll hold up before I need a new bulkhead. Never broke one before... But its easy to change.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 PM
is here

Updating once again. Getting my Zippy Flightmax 3S soon as well as some new rears(pro line Dirt Hawgs) and gonna get them on the front. Will have bashing pictures and video up tomorrow, was raining today so no serious bashing was done. Almost cleared a fence yesterday(oops) but it was pretty funny. Only thing is I had to gear down from 23/86 to 18/86 because of motor and battery temperatures.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:08 PM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

that a GNX in the driveway?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:10 AM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
that a GNX in the driveway?
Nope Grand National but about 10 years ago the paintjob was re-done with a darker, more glossy black and has a few performance stuff but dad uses it as a show car only, same with our Mustang.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:33 PM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodracer1 View Post
Nope Grand National but about 10 years ago the paintjob was re-done with a darker, more glossy black and has a few performance stuff but dad uses it as a show car only, same with our Mustang.
GNX is a grand national
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
GNX is a grand national
Nope theres a difference. If you see them often like I do and from dad having a Grand National there is a difference in looks and a bit in performance too. GNX usually have different rims and little scoops on the side/slots near the hood. Also the logo says GNX not Grand National. I think its 10 years we have the GN. 1987 Buick Grand National enjoyed every minute of it. Mainly cosmetic differences but slight performance if I am correct. Both cars are rare but the GNX is a lot more rare.