Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 11-17-2008, 11:41 PM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY
Default 2010 Mustang Officially Revealed!

u heard me...its finally revealed....no camo!

Quote:

The 2010 'Stang is at once the same and different. Like the 2005-09 model, it's immediately recognizable as Ford famous pony car. If anything, it looks even more like a late '60s Mustang thanks to some additional curvature in its lines, especially along the belt-line. At the same time, it also looks more contemporary. The designers have improved the aerodynamics and reworked many of the design details. What may be even more important for drivers of the Mustang is an all-new interior that finally dispenses with cheap, hard plastics and looks like it was designed in this century, but more on that in a bit.

Starting at the front, the basic theme of the current 'Stang is retained with the forward-canted grille and inset headlamps. The turn signals have been moved into the pocket with the headlamps, which themselves appear smaller than before. The whole hood has been re-contoured with a "power-dome" in the center, which should provide plenty of clearance for performance hardware when tuners and owners begin modding their cars. Out toward the edges, the fender and hood are slightly concave leaving a ridge that runs back to the A-pillar. The whole leading edge of the hood now curves down smoothly to ease the airflow around the nose and over the top of the car. The old school antenna mast has finally been banished from the front fender and the windshield washer nozzles now sit under the trailing edge of the hood instead of on top.

At the outer ends of the lower front fascia are black plastic air deflectors to further enhance the airflow, directing it around the sides instead of underneath the car. All of this contributes to drag reductions of seven percent on the V8-powered GT model and four percent on the base V6. Better management of the air-flow around the front of the car also reduces lift by 23 percent.

Around the sides, the transition from the fenders to the wheel arches has been smoothed out, which eliminates the crease on the current cars. The longitudinal crease that starts at the trailing edge of the front wheels has been sharpened and now has a slight under-cut that makes it more prominent, while the "hockey stick" side scoop contour has been subtly re-shaped. The lower edge of each side window has been moved down and now intersects with the newly curved contour of the rear fender at the trailing edge of the door.

Around the back of the car, Ford designers have taken advantage of the illusion that results from using contrasting colors. The lower part of the rear fascia is now a contrasting black with a molded-in diffuser. The darker color reduces the visual height of the rear deck. The tail-lamps, which still feature the traditional three bar look, have been re-shaped and now feature sequential turn signals. When the turn signals are on, the three lamps light in sequence from the innermost to the outer. The rear badge has also been reshaped and the keyhole has been removed as the Mustang finally gets an interior trunk release.

When the 2005 Mustang debuted, one of the biggest and most justified criticisms was its interior, specifically the cheap materials and hard plastics. Those criticisms are completely banished in the 2010 Mustang. All the plastic surfaces on the dash are now soft to the touch and pleasant to look at. Even the trim across the dashboard is aluminum rather than metallic-finished plastic. The same goes for the spokes on the steering wheel. The dual-brow look across the top of the dashboard that dates back to the early Mustangs is now also reflected across the lower edge.

The center console of the current model has elements at a variety of heights and many drivers complain about hitting their knees on the parking brake lever when bracing themselves during cornering. The brake lever on the '10 Mustang has been shortened and moved back, well clear of driver's right knees. The arm rest is now flush mounted and there is a retractable cover over the cup holders. The entire surface of the center stack and console now mirrors the arm-rests on the door panels with everything at the same height and matching contours.

The designers have also taken elements that previously stuck up above the dash surface like the A/C registers and gauges and made them flush or even set them below the surface. The sub-flush gauge mounting reduces the impression of looking down a tunnel at the instruments. The back-lit gauges also now have a translucent arc where the numbers are. The numbers normally appear in black against a white background unless you go for the MyColor option. In that case, the background will appear in whatever color the driver chooses. MyColor also brings a back-lit "Mustang" kick plate that is kind of gimmicky but looks cool when you open the door.

We'll be allowed behind the wheel of the new 2010 Ford Mustang in mid-December, at which time we'll let you know how it behaves compared to its predecessor. From what we've seen already, the new interior is far beyond both its new competitors and its predecessor in the areas of design, ergonomics and materials. Assuming Ford doesn't significantly increase the price, the Mustang should continue to offer the affordable performance it always has with a new measure of refinement. - Autoblog
BIG KUDOS 2 FORD!!!! and 1 of my fav lines....

Quote:
From what we've seen already, the new interior is far beyond both its new competitors and its predecessor in the areas of design, ergonomics and materials.

and a video...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

so in my opinion all chevy as the advantage in is the drivetrain and suspension.

Last edited by SUPERSHELBY; 11-18-2008 at 01:05 AM..
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Stage 2 member

Send a message via Yahoo to skim4food

wow that looks mean ...in a good way
Old 11-18-2008, 01:04 AM
The Original S.S.

hell look at the 6 banger

actually heres more pictures

Old 11-18-2008, 02:18 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to torredo

not much into Fords....not domestic for that matter but...
whats the point? in the next 5 or so years domestic will be at the bottom of the ocean with the fishes! lol

(JDM) Imports will dominate the US market (USDM) as they are all going belly up.

AIM: SavageW26
Old 11-18-2008, 02:33 AM
The Original S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredo View Post
not much into Fords....not domestic for that matter but...
whats the point? in the next 5 or so years domestic will be at the bottom of the ocean with the fishes! lol

(JDM) Imports will dominate the US market (USDM) as they are all going belly up.

HA!!!! ill admit the economy is bad but i highly doubt thatll happen. theres imports i like such as the GTR (but i HATE the fanboys) and the mazdaspeed cars...but all the others just suck ***

wether that happens or not ill still be behind the wheel of a got **** domestic. if this country goes 2 drivin small jap sh!tboxes, watch me stand out and drive a big fuel thirsty crown victoria....id be willin 2 bet the big 3 will survive. if not then 2 will.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:37 AM
Xmod Expert

GM just announced there screwed
FORD is on the brink of bankrupcty
Dodge will be selling out to GM? cant see this but ok? lol
the rest will tumble like dominos man!

but when USDM are dead in the mud......nobody will havbe parts for them and if they do....will cost a hella lot more then even my JDM right now.

id laugh to see USDM gone (but done care to see the mass job loss) just hate domestics.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 AM
The Original S.S.

Quote:
GM just announced there screwed
FORD is on the brink of bankrupcty
Dodge will be selling out to GM? cant see this but ok? lol
the rest will tumble like dominos man!

but when USDM are dead in the mud......nobody will havbe parts for them and if they do....will cost a hella lot more then even my JDM right now.

id laugh to see USDM gone (but done care to see the mass job loss) just hate domestics.

as long as theres life in the domestic world the imports will NEVER run this country.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:55 AM
Xmod Expert

meh'

well see.......

Old 11-18-2008, 07:30 AM
MSI <3

IMO it's ugly. i hope the saleen/ shelby/ roush/ etc. version will make it better.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Elite member

Gross...
Another freaking Mustang...
Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

The Mustangs already ahead of the Challenger and Camaro sales due to Chevy and Dodge waiting so long to release them, people are going to be queuing at the door for 2010 Mustang and thats whats going to keep Ford afloat.....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

USA is not going to let GM go down.On another topic ford should have gave the mustang more HP.But I like the 2010 more then the camoro.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
EV guy

gotta give it to ford, they have defently outdone themselves again but with the challanger out and the camaro coming out next year and the future of Detriot unsure it will be suprising to see what happends. cool for posting that!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:31 PM
The Original S.S.

unlike the camaro the challenger is already out...ford has just outdone chevy in the interior...chevy has their own little interior lightin (along with gauges) and its like ford took that and made it better

Old 11-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Xmod Expert

imho.....ford copy-cat'd the crap outta that so called "rustang" 5 point slow!

hehehe

Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Nice. I saw it on Fast Lane Daily, looks better than the current ones IMO.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:42 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

Meh... Not very exciting IMO. The last gen Mustang looked better because it had a mean look and sharp edges. Now it's too curvy and now a ***** car.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 PM
The Original S.S.

Quote:
imho.....ford copy-cat'd the crap outta that so called "rustang" 5 point slow!

hehehe
uh...what do u mean???

Old 11-18-2008, 07:49 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

so wait a moment. Supershelby, you're sayin, that:
the Civette(civic with corvette guts), 180sx, 240sx, 350z, 300zx, 240z, 200sx, Silvia s13, silvia s-14, silvia s-15, eclipse GSX turbo, mitsubishi evo, subaru STi, Impreza WRX, supra, celica GT-4wd, Toyota trueno/levin, NSX, IS300, IS-F, S2000, M3, M5, Ariel Atom, Konigsegg CCX, Pagani Zonda, R8, Saab 9-3 awd, lotus exige, GT2, GT3, 911, carrera GT, cappuchino, etc. suck? the definition of import does not only include japan. it encompasses ALL cars that are not made by your country's companies. i wouldn't call the european cars sh!tboxes. they are imports. hell, lamborghini, maserati, and ferrari are imports too.
so what's with hating on so many cars?
i'll tell you why. you're close minded. other than the legendary imports, you think your american cars are better than all of them. american cars do have their advantages, but so do japanese cars. european cars without a doubt have better build quality than american domestics. example:
the corvette C5 has a lap time on the nurburgring of 8 min 4 sec.
the dumpy "sh!tbox" normal impreza WRX got a lap time of 8 min 24 sec.

the viper SRT-10 has a lap time of 7:59. the old NSX-R beat it with a time of 7:56.
the enzo has a lap time of 7:25.3
the Z06 ZR1 has a time of 7:26.4
only the most modified american car ever has topped the ring times with a 7:22.1 that viper ACR is basically a racecar made to be street legal.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:21 PM
The Original S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
so wait a moment. Supershelby, you're sayin, that:
the Civette(civic with corvette guts), 180sx, 240sx, 350z, 300zx, 240z, 200sx, Silvia s13, silvia s-14, silvia s-15, eclipse GSX turbo, mitsubishi evo, subaru STi, Impreza WRX, supra, celica GT-4wd, Toyota trueno/levin, NSX, IS300, IS-F, S2000, M3, M5, Ariel Atom, Konigsegg CCX, Pagani Zonda, R8, Saab 9-3 awd, lotus exige, GT2, GT3, 911, carrera GT, cappuchino, etc. suck? the definition of import does not only include japan. it encompasses ALL cars that are not made by your country's companies. i wouldn't call the european cars sh!tboxes. they are imports. hell, lamborghini, maserati, and ferrari are imports too.
so what's with hating on so many cars?
i'll tell you why. you're close minded. other than the legendary imports, you think your american cars are better than all of them. american cars do have their advantages, but so do japanese cars. european cars without a doubt have better build quality than american domestics. example:
the corvette C5 has a lap time on the nurburgring of 8 min 4 sec.
the dumpy "sh!tbox" normal impreza WRX got a lap time of 8 min 24 sec.

the viper SRT-10 has a lap time of 7:59. the old NSX-R beat it with a time of 7:56.
the enzo has a lap time of 7:25.3
the Z06 ZR1 has a time of 7:26.4
only the most modified american car ever has topped the ring times with a 7:22.1 that viper ACR is basically a racecar made to be street legal.

by sh!tboxes i only meant civics. and i like more than just the imports i said i just didnt feel like thinkin what they were. but since u listed them i do however like the impreza WRX STi, and a few porsches and both the mazdaspeed 3 and 6 and the 350z/370z and others. thats just in MY opinion....i just have a strong dislike of some japanese cars. and i never said i think american cars r better than foreign cars.....lets not make this an argument