Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Xmods at Toys R Us?

I sent an email to HPI asking if Xmods were only available at Radioshack and they replied saying you can also get them at Toys R Us. If this is true and not just a jack *** reply (which I don't think I would get from a such a big company with a good reputation) then I'd imagine that they just now began to carry them with the release of the Transformers xmods. Anybody been to Toys R Us lately?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

dude if they have them i going to buy some! ill check on the toys r us website

edit: just checked all the RC and there is no xmods!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Elite member

I checked the website and they weren't on there, that's why I think that it's pretty new to have them at Toys R Us, and it's most likely only the Transformers cars, that kind of exlplains the new packaging and the fact that the cars come assembled now. They're shooting for younger buyers(kids)
Old 07-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)

that might be true
Old 07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

well maybe they do they dont have everything in stores on the site, like when i got my SSMT i wanted another so i was going to get one on the site but they didnt have it on there
Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Elite member

Yeah. Hold on, I'm going to call one. We'll settle this once and for all. Hold on guys... OK... Hold on, OK... It's ringing... wait... hold on, uh... Hey Mom, I'm on the phone. Sheesh. OK... Hold on. Ok, they appreciate my call, isn't that nice. This song sucks, I've never heard it before but it's ***, sounds like the Beach Boys meet the Back Street Boys. I'm calling back from a land line, they take too long to waste my minutes.

Last edited by RallyWRX; 07-25-2007 at 09:59 PM..
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Stage 1 member

Send a message via AIM to Xracer19

LMAO.Thats hilarious

Never Give up!
Bobby
Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Elite member

I'm still on hold, some guy named Quincy is checking on it for me.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

i dont know, it sound weird considering on the box for the transformers xmods it says in bog bold "Only at Radioshack!"
Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Elite member

I'm still on hold, some guy named Quincy is checking on it for me. Ok, The answer is Yes! But they're all out of stock. He said all their Transformers stuff just blows off the shelves. I asked if they had them prior to transformers, but he didn't know. He also doesn't know how much they are because they are out them so it just says 1 penny in the computer. I don't suggest calling any other Toys R Us because the Hold music is awful, just awful, I don't know if all the store would have the same music, but it's just terribly awful, I feel sick after listening to that crap. I'm going to go to the bathroom now, if I make. I think I'm going to puke. I've never heard such nauseating music in my whole 28 years on the earth.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Xmod Expert

See... This is why I'll never buy an HPI product in my life, other than XMODS, HPI bodies, wheels, and tires.

IMO, I would just trash the whole idea of trying to find XMODS at ToysRUs. Its not really worth it there anyway, it'll probably cost you a fortune while you can just purchase them at RS for a lesser price... ToysRUs is only good for Hot Wheels and Jada Toys models.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Elite member

Yeah, it explains why the packaging changed and why they come assembled now. But I don't get why that makes you not like HPI? Cause they're sell outs? I don't like them because when they came out with all the new xmods, they only sent them overseas, but who knows, maybe it was radioshack who didn't want to get more gen 1 cars. Beautiful blue skyline, sexy yellow and orange subaru, refined white NSX, tasteful silver 350Z, elegant Mercedes SLR, but no, all too good for us. It's bad enough that real car manufacturers don't bring some of their best cars to the states (RSX Type-R, Focus ST, etc...) but to have this type of discrimination in the world of toy cars is untollerable.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Xmod Expert

HPI makes these big thundering big block trucks and make the parts out of cheesey nylon...

HPI has made a favorable truck, the Savage, which is great for bashing and all that... But most Savage owners (no offense Redrkt) thing they're better than everyone else JUST because they can stick a bigger engine in their truck... When they see another company's car broken, they say "if it was an HPI, it wouldn't have broke".

Believe me, HPI does make some great R/C cars, but the pact that owners go with, they close themselves from the rest of the world. They go on saying how HPI's R/C vehicles are durable, high-performance, blah, blah, blah...

My old boss from the computer repair shop I used to work at. I'll use him as an example.

I was driving my GT2 (Team Associated) nitro stadium truck in the back lot behind the shop when I caught interference and went WOT right into a cement wall, snapping the front sub-chassis and top-plate on my ST.

He starts saying "my touring car could've survived that. Any company's R/C car could've survived that". Touring car and ST? You're comparing open-wheel (like F1 cars) versus closed-wheel cars (GT cars with their wheels protected by the car's body).

Secondly, he goes on saying that we should race and how he'd beat me with his powerful 4.6 Savage engine and his 'world-class' driving skill.

First off, he didn't even break in the engine properly. He goes WOT and drives it like a scolded dog the first time he started it. He can't tune, and can't turn over his engine consistently.

Then his "world-class" driving. Driving WOT, hitting the brakes, u-turn, and just as the the inside tires lift, he countersteers and brings the tires back and says "see, now that's driving"...

He goes on saying that he could even beat me on a purpose-built off-road track. Not a chance, dips#it can't even land his truck on its wheels...

Then he brings up his "impressive" painting skills. The ability to paint a 1:10 touring car body of HPI's Impreza (like the XMOD). He paints it ALL BLACK... Not even the right color, then takes the decals, sticks 'em on. Doesn't like it, peels it off and tries to stick it back on...

Then, for those who're more experienced with nitro R/C and cut holes in their windows... He sets up his race body by cutting the WHOLE windshield out and then sticking LEDs to his body...

ROAR/IFMAR regulation states that you can only have a windshield hole only as big as less than HALF of the size of the windshield...

Another thing, 9/10 HPI guys I know locally DON'T even perform regular maintenance on their car, NOR do they even install/replace their own parts.

In my boss's case, he spends $500 on the RTR, then $200 for the LHS to install parts (this case, HPI's 3-speed for the Savage), and tune the engine...

The $200 does NOT include the cost of parts... My boss went on about his stock engine not running properly (wasn't even broken-in properly in the first place) and spends $230 on an Axial .32 engine which he has the LHS break-in and tune for him...

Now, I'm NOT saying that ALL HPI guys are like this. But like I said above, 9/10 HPI guys in my area are like this.

I'm sure Redrkt does everything on his R/C vehicles. Just looking at them shows me that he cares for his R/Cs and wants things "done right".

EDIT: What a rant...
Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via AIM to coolcar24th Send a message via MSN to coolcar24th

Hey I was thinking. Does Canada have Toys R Us? If they do this may be hope for em.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcar24th View Post
Hey I was thinking. Does Canada have Toys R Us? If they do this may be hope for em.
Yeah, we do.

I was there recently with my gf looking for a present...

I saw the Transformers display and thought "Transformers XMOD?!".

I went to take a look and its just a Hasbro car that just transforms... It was a pretty crazy rush looking for a Barricade and Bumblebee XMOD in a section with a bunch of toys... My gf says that I have "regular gargasms" everytime I see a nicely/cleanly tuned car. I get excited like that
Old 07-25-2007, 10:55 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to noturday

well if they just got xmods they prolly have upgrades to them still, maybe they sold out of the actual cars but upgrades might be plentiful...im goin to toys-r-us next chance i get

Team XI
Old 07-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via AIM to coolcar24th Send a message via MSN to coolcar24th

Quote:
Originally Posted by noturday View Post
well if they just got xmods they prolly have upgrades to them still, maybe they sold out of the actual cars but upgrades might be plentiful...im goin to toys-r-us next chance i get
Same here. Im gonna try to go tomorrow or maybe call them.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Banned

im deffinently calling if not going!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

dont waste your time I was at two different ones in major towns in ohio, Canton and one out west near norwalk or was it norton. but anyway I checked and didn't see a one anywhere.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 AM
XMS moderator

Send a message via MSN to tayyab

even if they do have them, the question is are they cheaper at RS or toys r us?