Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Questions / Suggestions / Complaints / Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)
Exclamation Competion's: Please read

People I think it is pathetic that most members think WAY to much of the competitions, The new one that was being set up has been closed already. The subject is over thinken and then people just start going crazy. The December completion was closed because people could not stay focused and just wait for the results. They start posting and come off as sarcastic and a smart mouth. I have always been impressed with donzii's(sp?) amazing skill with these things. He always does a great job setting them up. It took until someone said something before people publicly started to thank him and to say good job. I cant stand when people do a amazing job working and then people either belittle,make fun of, put down, or just call crap. I hated how some people would say bad things about there own and how they didn't really care. this should not be about winning and loosing it should be who has the most fun having fun. I think that we should skip this months COTM so donzii can take a well earned break. I am ready to take infraction points i dont care if i get the, cause this is mostly all true and the people that think im lying should actually look into what im talking about. I dont mind if i get infraction points so if this offends the mods and they think its garbage. go ahead and frac me up.

Again NICE JOB ON SETTING UP THE COTMs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

this is so true...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyxmoder View Post
People I think it is pathetic that most members think WAY to much of the competitions, The new one that was being set up has been closed already. The subject is over thinken and then people just start going crazy. The December completion was closed because people could not stay focused and just wait for the results. They start posting and come off as sarcastic and a smart mouth. I have always been impressed with donzii's(sp?) amazing skill with these things. He always does a great job setting them up. It took until someone said something before people publicly started to thank him and to say good job. I cant stand when people do a amazing job working and then people either belittle,make fun of, put down, or just call crap. I hated how some people would say bad things about there own and how they didn't really care. this should not be about winning and loosing it should be who has the most fun having fun. I think that we should skip this months COTM so donzii can take a well earned break. I am ready to take infraction points i dont care if i get the, cause this is mostly all true and the people that think im lying should actually look into what im talking about. I dont mind if i get infraction points so if this offends the mods and they think its garbage. go ahead and frac me up.

Again NICE JOB ON SETTING UP THE COTMs
What would you get infractions for? I understand your opinion and agree, people take the competitions for granted, it's supposed to be good, clean fun and good sportsmanship just like any competition. Yet people want to start knocking on other people's stuff claiming they're trying to "motivate" them or something. Not everybody has money to dump on GPM, or custom motors, or model kits and paint...not everybody has the means to build a car that will impress everybody. The whole concept is to build your project according to the theme, post it by the deadline and let it fly. I think everybody that submittied did a good job on their cars and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next competition brings. I'm sure we've all seen the movie "Bambi"? Remember Thumper? "If you can't say something nice, don't say nuthin at all." Theres a difference between constructive criticism and just plain being an ***. All of the moderators here do exceptionally well at keeping this forum clean and fun, but it's hard to give people slack when some people log on just looking for an argument to take part in. If you're scratching your head wondering who I'm talking about, then find a mirror.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
If you're scratching your head wondering who I'm talking about, then find a mirror.
*jumps in shock,then looks closely* Dang, I need a haircut...

Very well said, Suicide. Thanks for your input.

All I have to say is I have some very, very choice words for many of you, which I will gladly refrain from saying. However, I wish in the future you can do the same and stop saying things you know will harm other people's feelings and status here on Xmodsource. If you cannot learn to play nicely in the Car of the Month competitions, I will quit writting and posting them. They're an option; they're not anything that needs to be held here and we didn't even have them in the past. Unless you'd like to go back to that, I'd suggest all of you watch your words or tie your toungue or something.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 01-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to NETC_redd

here here
'77 Chevy Corvette
Old 01-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NETC_redd View Post
here here
LOL

Quote:
*jumps in shock,then looks closely* Dang, I need a haircut...

Very well said, Suicide. Thanks for your input.

All I have to say is I have some very, very choice words for many of you, which I will gladly refrain from saying. However, I wish in the future you can do the same and stop saying things you know will harm other people's feelings and status here on Xmodsource. If you cannot learn to play nicely in the Car of the Month competitions, I will quit writting and posting them. They're an option; they're not anything that needs to be held here and we didn't even have them in the past. Unless you'd like to go back to that, I'd suggest all of you watch your words or tie your toungue or something.

Cheers,
Kyle.
I think you do a amazing job at what you do and this place runs very very smooth. When i saw that you went out and bought a GEN3 Vette for the winner, i was just amazied at your thoughtful ness. You always take the time to be very nice and your post are alaways more meaningful than mine.

You have a PM waiting for you actually(once i send this you have one coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
What would you get infractions for? I understand your opinion and agree, people take the competitions for granted, it's supposed to be good, clean fun and good sportsmanship just like any competition. Yet people want to start knocking on other people's stuff claiming they're trying to "motivate" them or something. Not everybody has money to dump on GPM, or custom motors, or model kits and paint...not everybody has the means to build a car that will impress everybody. The whole concept is to build your project according to the theme, post it by the deadline and let it fly. I think everybody that submittied did a good job on their cars and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next competition brings. I'm sure we've all seen the movie "Bambi"? Remember Thumper? "If you can't say something nice, don't say nuthin at all." Theres a difference between constructive criticism and just plain being an ***. All of the moderators here do exceptionally well at keeping this forum clean and fun, but it's hard to give people slack when some people log on just looking for an argument to take part in. If you're scratching your head wondering who I'm talking about, then find a mirror.
I didnt know if it was considered flaming. Thank you for seeing my point. The one kinda bad thing about the COTM is the people that dont come in first, some may think oh well i tried i had fun. Those are the people that just had fun.The ones that get upset and just bash there own cars just make me upset. You did your best you had fun thats all that matters.
Quote:
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT