Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter
Default Is the barabus TKR a fake?

Well guys ive been up all night again and I've been doing some searching around and have yet to find anything but meer pics of this car, and numbers being clammed, i have seen no videos or any recent martial, so im starting to think its a Fake? ive searched on google and have only been seeing the same pics over and over again. Id like to get some opinions on this,No bashing flaming or anything else, I want a real discussion about this matter, and just want to see what some others think about this.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:38 PM
auto body tech

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

To be honest ive never heard of it. But it looks realy cool.

RA44 USGP 10th Anniversary Toyota Celica.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Elite member

yea i haven't heard of it too, and thats like the only picture I've really seen of the car too. I'm not saying its not real, but they say its the "worlds fastest car" but i haven't seen any proof of it.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

0-60 in 1.6 seconds and the top speed is 270 MPH. The 0-60 is what really amazes me. Those tires must be real sticky to do that, as the car has 1005hp and I believe it's RWD ? 300-400 cars to be built over 3 year time with a price of $660,000.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:55 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trader Rating: (0)

i've heard of this thing a few times since like may or something, but i was the only one who new about it when i asked other people and stuff.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
0-60 in 1.6 seconds and the top speed is 270 MPH. The 0-60 is what really amazes me. Those tires must be real sticky to do that, as the car has 1005hp and I believe it's RWD ? 300-400 cars to be built over 3 year time with a price of $660,000.
thats all the info I've really heard about this car, but i haven't been able to find some official proof of it or anything, are the clams, and i have to agree them would have to be some fat stick tires to rocket the thing that fast. I really want to see some videos or something official about this car. i cant seem to find anything.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:03 PM
I got nothin...

I do think it is real:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/sowhatsit...abus%20TKR.htm

however I do not believe that it is production nor has it been fully tested.

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Elite member

yea thats all the info i could really find on this car. I have not seen anything really new around at all about this car, i know its a real car and all but the power and the clams i havnt seen tested making me think they are faked. I would really like to see it tested. clams are one thing but the testing is the full clam, and i wanna see it done liek the SSC was done on a public road.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I got nothin...

I agree big time. There is no way that much power can just magically apear without being founded by someone else. Faster that a bugatti's w-16 using t twin turbo v-8... Puhlease...

Old 07-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

Maybe the claims they are making is what they are projecting? like that is what they hope the vehicle can achieve once actual factual data is released? Manufacturers do that all the time, and they either achieve it or shoot themselves in the foot.

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Elite member

actually the SSC has some vids of the testing they did on it, public road it hit 258. its really a powerful car. as for the TKR i dont know i havnt seen anything about it and the SSC is supposed to be getting more power this year also.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:25 PM
I got nothin...

I think the tkr is just one mans dream but is probably under funded in the long run

Old 07-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

The TKR is a BS prototype built as a British answer to the super car game. It never went into production, and even if it did, only 6 were slated to be built per year. Visually, it's a blatant rip off of several cars, like the McLaren F1, Pagani Zonda, Saleen S7, and some Ultima GTR in there too. It never went into production, and none of the performance numbers were ever verified by anyone. Some Brits tried to argue me about this car in the Ultimate Aero SSC video I have up of it's verified record run. But, it's built in Italy anyways, so, negates the whole britishness.

Ever since it's debut at the British motor show, I don't think there's been any press on it. And last I looked, most of the stuff about it was from '06. Just another run of the mill kit car made to be a supercar.

Quote:
I agree big time. There is no way that much power can just magically apear without being founded by someone else. Faster that a bugatti's w-16 using t twin turbo v-8... Puhle
The W16 is inefficient. A twin turbo V8 (Like the SSC, which is based on the C5.R motor) does the same job with half the cylinders, half the turbos, far under half the price, and is just as civilized, and just as smooth. Not to mention it won't cost you a year's salary to repair. Plus the whole thing can fit in a much tighter package (Say, a Yugo?) than a quad-turbo W16. It's an engineering marvel, and drool worthy awesome, but not perfect.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:14 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
The TKR is a BS prototype built as a British answer to the super car game. It never went into production, and even if it did, only 6 were slated to be built per year. Visually, it's a blatant rip off of several cars, like the McLaren F1, Pagani Zonda, Saleen S7, and some Ultima GTR in there too. It never went into production, and none of the performance numbers were ever verified by anyone. Some Brits tried to argue me about this car in the Ultimate Aero SSC video I have up of it's verified record run. But, it's built in Italy anyways, so, negates the whole britishness.

Ever since it's debut at the British motor show, I don't think there's been any press on it. And last I looked, most of the stuff about it was from '06. Just another run of the mill kit car made to be a supercar.

The W16 is inefficient. A twin turbo V8 (Like the SSC, which is based on the C5.R motor) does the same job with half the cylinders, half the turbos, far under half the price, and is just as civilized, and just as smooth. Not to mention it won't cost you a year's salary to repair. Plus the whole thing can fit in a much tighter package (Say, a Yugo?) than a quad-turbo W16. It's an engineering marvel, and drool worthy awesome, but not perfect.
ahhh theres the information i was looking to hear, thats tex! i was Googling around and only say stuff form 06 so i was really interested to what exactly it was about and what not. thanks.

and yea the SSC is an piece of engineering marvel, it also has no power steering or traction control on it. its like half the veyron, in general, but still one heck of a car to boot. But as you said it is not perfect.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I meant that W16 is an engineering marvel. W-style motors are very hard to build, and from a technical stand point, it's amazing.. But over kill in every way, which is what the Veyron is.

I just find the twin turbo Corvette Racing motor to be that much more interesting though
Old 07-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Elite member

Quote:
I meant that W16 is an engineering marvel. W-style motors are very hard to build, and from a technical stand point, it's amazing.. But over kill in every way, which is what the Veyron is.

I just find the twin turbo Corvette Racing motor to be that much more interesting though
ohh, both cars are pretty amazing, but i see what your saying about the veyron, really interesting, and way over kill.and yes those vets are so very interesting indeed.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Same can be said for the V8 with people pushing 600whp fairly reliably out of a 1.6L Honda motor...

I saw a Veyron yesterday.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 07-27-2009, 09:47 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

haha, 600whp from a 1.6? that's rediculous. but suprisingly attainable...
Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I got nothin...

Sweed that raises a very good point. Imagine taking everything you can and would do to a four banger and to it once on either bank to a v-8. Maybe then something better could be obtained

Old 07-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Same can be said for the V8 with people pushing 600whp fairly reliably out of a 1.6L Honda motor...

I saw a Veyron yesterday.
Some-what, power and torque (haha, torque, Honda...) curves suffer greatly in small motors, it's their nature. Especially with boost... They can't build power until air gets moving threw at high RPM. And 4 cylinders aren't as smooth as straight 6s, or V8s.

Which is why cars like the ZR1 can be so tame on the street, they don't need to be revved past 3k to drive around town. Evah.