Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Kraizer793

Trader Rating: (2)
Default Motor scream

Ok, so I'm dropping all the chassis info into the Tc I'm transforming into a drifter. Well, I successfully added susp and steering, awd, and a S2. Well, I set it down to test it all out, to make sure that bit was in right. I can drive straight just fine, but when i hit the reverse, the gears scream as they are being stripped. I tried a different axle length on the awd, I tried a different gearing setup, I oiled the gears, added screws, tightened them up, I did it ALL! and yet it still screams like a baby who just got a cut. I tried my locked diff, didn't work either. Someone please help me with this! It's serously holding me up, and I race my best friends gen 1 fully hopped up camaro next week in Jackson Ms, not my hometown of biloxi. HELP!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Try not to go in reverse lol. Tell me it is a Evo. Your gears are not meshed properly. You might have a wrong motor spacer, broken spacer or even missing a spacer. Check to see if you have a spacer,
Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
Try not to go in reverse lol. Tell me it is a Evo. Your gears are not meshed properly. You might have a wrong motor spacer, broken spacer or even missing a spacer. Check to see if you have a spacer,
I agree with him, possibly wrong engine spacer. look at the back of the s2 box and make sure the correct spacer is in there.
Tamiya TA-02

Traxxas Hawk 2
Old 07-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to darkendblades Send a message via MSN to darkendblades Send a message via Yahoo to darkendblades

just like they have said before it smore then likley the motor spacer but im also going to say that you need to put a spacer on the little red gear that you added in the car for awd to push it to one side abit more so that it mesh's better if a pic is needed i can get a pic up a little later for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
that track looks like an areana 4 xmod fights.u don't how to drive might as well stay away.but if ur like darkenblades droppin xmods into pools ther u go
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
uhh yeah right away ill just empty my pool in the middle of summer, throw all my cars in there and bash um just so you can find out which one is toughest

Do i look like darkenblades??<<haha
Old 07-12-2007, 01:12 AM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

i dont no sometimes motors do that i has happened to me be4 something might be in the motor can and sraching the inside
Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to darkendblades Send a message via MSN to darkendblades Send a message via Yahoo to darkendblades

i dont know vette ive never had that problem but if its hapopend to you maybe its going on with this motor

Quote:
that track looks like an areana 4 xmod fights.u don't how to drive might as well stay away.but if ur like darkenblades droppin xmods into pools ther u go
Quote:
uhh yeah right away ill just empty my pool in the middle of summer, throw all my cars in there and bash um just so you can find out which one is toughest

Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 AM

it happens to my trucks so thats y i said that never to my cars
Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Elite member

oh yeah i understand that completely it happens to my hummer all the time so i put a metal spacer inbetween the big red gear you put in the rear of the chassie for awd and it works like a champ now it ran with out it for about a year lol it screwed up so much stuff lol

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 AM

o thanks for the tip
Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Elite member

i just hope it works for mavrick here since its in a car i dont know what else to say

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Kraizer793

Default ok,

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkendblades View Post
just like they have said before it smore then likley the motor spacer but im also going to say that you need to put a spacer on the little red gear that you added in the car for awd to push it to one side abit more so that it mesh's better if a pic is needed i can get a pic up a little later for you
YOu mean the little small bushings?

OH, and i checked my gears and spacers and all, the only thing is is that I forgot one of the bushings to the AWD. I rhink, like said above, is the problem.

Last edited by xmodmaverick; 07-12-2007 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

i think there is a thing where u use a hole puncher and punch a hole from carboard, that that little cardboard circle and make a hole in it and put in inbetween the gear for the 4wd and the little grey thingy
Old 07-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Kraizer793

Yeah, cuz i checked my parts box, and i lost the other bushing, I only have one. I may try that.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekid05 View Post
i think there is a thing where u use a hole puncher and punch a hole from carboard, that that little cardboard circle and make a hole in it and put in inbetween the gear for the 4wd and the little grey thingy
ok yeah just like that but make sure you have both the grey colord spacers on it then put another small spacer i used a metal one i found and you can also use a gen1 yellow stock plastice bearing just sand it down alot and it should work the same way

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Kraizer793

Default ok,

[Ok, thanks, I'l try it.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Elite member

ill be back at my house later today ill take some pics of what i did to my hummer

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Kraizer793

Default Problem solved

FIXED! It was that I was missing one of the bushings to the AWD kit, I took one of the old gen 1 yellow bushings and used that, fit like a charm.

THREAD CLOSED