View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 03:33 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)
Default Weird Street series binding issue.

I recently purchased a used GTR Street series XMOD and decided to add some RS upgrades to it. Here is a list of what I have installed so far:

-Evo series awd kit
-Evo series suspension drop plates *
-Evo series springs *
-Evo series extended axles all around *
-Street series stage 2 motor upgrade (I think I went with a 9-23 setup)

I have been having a weird (what seems to be) "binding" problem and have spent hours today trying to figure it out. All of the Evo series upgrades are supposed to work on the Street series, but this is the first time that I have installed an awd kit on a Street chassis and I was curious if that could be the culprit. Are the shafts in the Street series awd kits sized different than the shafts that come in the Evo series awd kits? Since I am using an old set of rechargeable batteries, would there be a chance that the motor is not getting enough voltage to turn the gears? I have been able to get it to work in reverse from time to time, but it would struggle to accomplish that and I could never get it to go forward. I installed the same setup on a known working Street series chassis and it done the same thing. Any ideas? I am almost stumped and I probably missed over something. I am out of ideas and frustrated, so any help would be appreciated. By the way, I put a star beside the upgrades that I have installed on another Street chassis with no problems.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)