View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 01:01 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
If you're looking to get into the 1/10 Revo, are you going brushless or brushed?

The 1/10 Revo brushless's aren't happy unless they are running off of dual Li-Po's, that's the only way you can run them. Li-Po's for those are NOT cheap. You'd have to spend probably $800 or more getting the truck, batteries and charger. The brushed one should run fine on NiMH batteries though.

For bang for the buck, get the 1/16th. If you have a good place to run it, you won't be disappointed. 50+mph out of the box with dual batteries in series, and plenty of fun on a 2s Li-Po.

Just invest in a couple sets of control arms for until RPM comes out with better ones. Also, thicker shock oil and better springs would be a good idea.
If I had went with the 1/10th, the brushed. ERBE is a bit out of my price range... So was the brushed version. Picked up the 1/16th VXL earlier today. Pictures after I drive it sometime.

Needs stiffer springs/thicker oil and more ride height. Chassis smacks from like four foot drops and this thing is gonna see 20+ foot jumps...

For everyone else that posted links, thanks for reading. I had $350 in gift cards for my LHS, not cash to spend online. If it was cash, I'd have a tattoo on my back.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"