View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star
Default 07 Silverado Work Truck...NO MORE

Hmm...well, I used to have a thread about my 07 SWB/Reg Cab Silverado WT on here somewheres. Anyways, it's got a 4.8L V8 with 295hp/305tq...it's the smallest V8 that Chevy puts in their 1/2 tons, but it's only 20hp shy of the next biggest V8, and 37hp of the 6.0L V8. I had originally wanted the 6.0, but it's not available in a SWB/Reg cab, the biggest engine available is a 5.3L, but it's hard to come by a truck like mine with one and it's the same LS1 block, my engine is just destroked to 4.8.
Anyways, to compensate for not having the 6.0 i wanted, i started doing little things to it...this weekend i got true dual flowmaster 40 series 2chamber mufflers installed to free up my exhaust, I've got a hypertech power III programmer, and I ordered a Volant cold air intake (which is the best intake made for my truck)
To get away from the "work truck" look, i ordered some new bumper end caps with built in TYC fog lights, they're going to be painted to match the color of the truck and give it a little more sporty look. I'll have progress pics/vids up very soon. I'm just tired of the daily drive being so boring, yanno?