View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
All thats been said so far is:

Buy and install Borla Exhaust System - Cat Back (Aggressive Sounding)

But thinking about it I may not go for the aggressive sounding system and its 300 bucks more than the normal one!
How to beat the cops and get "aggressive sounding" for cheap.

Step one:
Buy a large, turbo style (large oval, the typical muffler shape) muffler. Higher quality thick-metal style prefered.
Step two: Cut open said muffler, from the top. Helps to test fit the muffler before hand to see how best to hide this cut.
Step three: proceed to remove all inner chambers, baffles, and fibreglass.
Step four (optional, but preferred): Connect the inlet and outlet of inside of the muffler with some exhaust tubing, to have a flow-threw design. Weld it up.
Step 5: Weld your muffler back shut with the piece you cut off earlier, and grind down the welds if needed.
Step6: Install

Now you have an open exhaust sound, with the legal looks that a cop can't say otherwise on the road. When you go for inspection, you can stuff fiberglass into the pipe and hold it in place with a pin (meaning, drill a hole through the pip to place the pin) and it will muffle the car and make it a bit more emissions compliant. Pull pin, rev car, shoot fiberglass out, and welcome back to the lovely sound.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere