Thread: acer's dragster
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Default acer's dragster

Lately when I tinker with my my Xmods I try and make them more "hobby grade"
and track friendly. Basically, I try and make them more like my mini Zs.
..........well, it wasn't always like this.
I did this project back on 06 and posted it on another forum which has lately become a "ghost town" But, I want to bring that project back to life here.

here's one of the chassis painted green. Also an unfinished pic of one of the display lids I used to sometimes us with it.

(these pics are old and taken with a cheap camera, I have a better camera now so future pics will be much better)
The chassis is custom made by me from 1/8'' lexan, it was also equipped with a Nelly external "turbo" board (basically upgraded fet "H-bridge" for those who don't know") I also will probably use a tamiya hyperdash armature with carbon brushes and neodium magnets, since I have used this motor in the past and it produced some good power and high speed. Plus it was cheap to make and I already have the parts, accept a ball bearing case.
The car no longer exists but I still have most of the parts. Since I currently don't have any Xmods that still run the stock pcb and controller, I'll remake this one that will use them.

Now I know it wont technically look like a drag car when I'm done, but since I'll be using the stock pcb rather than a mini-Z one, I'll only be pretty much driving it in a strait line as fast as it will go, thus the title.
I'll also probably change a few things on the way, like using li-po rather than li-ion. Plus I'm customizing the chassis a bit at this moment.
More pics to come soon ........................

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.

Last edited by acerpower; 02-19-2010 at 04:09 AM..