View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Thanks guys, I'm happy to say for the most part, it is done! Had some screw ups where hot glue dripped and when I peeled it, it peeled the paint but it's ok as it will get scratched while out on the rocks. Got everything mounted but as said before, the parts are red not pink, its just how my camera is..yeah I don't know, lets in too much light to the lens. The rear really is level with the front the pics just make it appear different and I know the rear is tilted, needs some adjustment. The stuff I got were 5/8"x5/8" hinges, some thin wood, a mini hot glue gun ($3 works great!) and 18 mini hot glue sticks(also $3 work great too), all from Michael's then some copper tubing, a cutting wheel(with diamond) for my Dremel(35k RPM's dremel) and a soldering set with flux and a brush for copper and brass. Going to make a roll cage for looks out of that as well as a bull bar for the bumper, and maybe some other stuff, time will tell on that one. The toolbox took much longer than expected, cut it while watching Winter X-Games 14, ended up having to cut it thinner(used razor blades for scoring for first time) because it was too wide to fit behind the wheel wells so cut it down with the cutting wheel on the dremel, my room smells nice now The battery took some time to figure out where to mount so it would look good, tried under the roof but it was visible, didn't look too good so got an idea..well you're going to have to see the pictures, its a surprise, and works! All of the snow melted too, by the way >.< and even though its only going to be low 20s tomorrow, this will be getting its first outdoor run in over a month and as a scaler, woo hoo! Sure the windows may look sloppy, but they are held in, so its all good. Once the body is thrashed, its going junkyard beater look..now onto the pictures. The toolbox took a while to do so comments are welcome. And the last 3 pictures were more for a Canadian friend on another forum to show the size compared to the box, but still. Enjoy! And remember, look for that battery, it is easy to spot in some of the pictures, but hard to spot otherwise, and remember it is not pink stuff its all red, not pink

where the hot glue drip was, >.< not too noticeable but still

Beginning phases of the toolbox, I took off the edges with my cutting wheel and a sanding bit

Battery secretly hidden away

No its not pink, but a very nice red actually

Size comparison to the stock body

Pictures of the finished toolbox are to come! Stay tuned---It is finished, but figured I'd hold off for now, to tease you guys :P