Thread: HPI Micro RS4
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 03:44 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

So I thought I was done with the chassis but when I plugged in the juice I found that I had a minor issue with the ProPulse ESC, I don't know if it was a case of my 4 AAA batteries weren't giving it enough juice so it wasn't turning on or what but either way it got really annoying!!

Luckily I picked up a 1:10 scale Msonik 4 RV15 ESC from reaper a few weeks back, it needed a few plugs re-installing so I stayed up late last night getting it all re-wired.

I also re-wired my ProPulse RX with the correct guage and length of antenna wire.

I plugged in ESC and straight away it lit up!! So I put the car back together and hit the gas only to find I still hadn't got drive, turns out that one of the motor mount screws was going so far into the car it was jamming the arm, once I got that mounted correctly the car was ready to rock.

Final thing to do was program the ESC, it was stuck in race mode (which I personally can't stand ) then I got it stuck in a mode where the power was on about 10% all the time and then finally I got it into the forward / reserve mode I was looking for.

I will put together a video later for the moment these poor quality photos will have to do:

I still need to tidy up the wiring and find a power switch as currently to get power you have to twist the two black wires together Oh the servo also needs securing a little better as it twist quite a lot at the moment.

The ProPulse high torque motor works really nicely, I need to get the sticky strips for the tires as they keep flying off but I have tons of power, I'm still getting some slipping on the motor gear, I'm thinking it's just not mounted quite right and I'm thinking I might install the ProPulse metal gears at the same time as checking the mounting.

All I need to do now is catch a break in the weather and get the body shell painted, not sure when that will be as they are predicting more snow....

Comments welcome

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....