View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:56 PM
aka xmod4life

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Kustom Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting View Post
Wow very nice, from the pix it looks like its gunna be a short truck tho. But otherwise everything looks nice
Thanks, I have moved the rear axle a little toward to the end of the chassis, now it have a longer wheelbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. Tell me those are the metal clips off a pen. I want, epic scale model! looks too real, i would totally buy it for $900.
Haha, the leaf springs are coils from those little pull back cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Looks better every time. How are Paul's tires as far as softness and everything? I was thinking of ordering a set but of the TSL boggers that he did up. Also I'm guessing you did the pull back springs like "B" did on his? Lastly, are you planning on ditching those rear shocks or going to do similar to what he did, also? I'm actually really enjoying your build, I remember going through similar things not too long ago with my build, hopefully you're getting as much enjoyment out of it as I did. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'd be more than happy to help
Thanks, I haven't have a set of those Paul made super swampers, I only got the TSL boggers from him, they are about the same size as the stock micro crawler tires, but they are a lot heavier, those TSL boggers I have on my Pajero are from Paul btw. Correct, I got the leaf springs idea from B also. I have the rear shocks mounted to the chassis but I mounted them toward to the side of the chassis.

Update: New improved leaf springs mounts. I'm using screws with large threads, and sand down the plate that hold the leaf springs in place, now when it flex, the leaf won't slip out anymore. Also, mounted up the rear shocks, started to work on the rear end, and made front body mounts, using 2 small screws to attach the body to the model chassis.