View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Years ago, the designer of the MRCG posted the entire design process over on another Xmods site. The level of engineering, thought, and design that went into the chassis far exceeds that of the Mini-z that it's based on, with numerous improvements. Lower CG, revised steering, wildly adjustable rear suspension, and less weight.

$120 is cheap.
While I agree the improvements you have mentioned are true, I don't think I agree with the comment as far as level of engineering/thought and design being greater.

The aim was different and more performance oriented, no doubt. I'm quite sure a team put in good time and effort into making each of the Mini-Z chassis. They just have less freedom since it has to meet certain material/profit/ease of use margins. Sure the MRCG is amazing but you have to order or make the battery packs and adjustments are not as easy to make in many aspects or too plentiful for the general racer to make use of. The body mounting system is not designed for the same autoscale purposes as the general Z chassis.

Well anyhow, thats how I feel about it.