Thread: New Toy
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:43 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
So where are we at with this? Did it explode and burn your house down due to half assed soldering? Is it a beast that tears up the track? Or did you run out of sponsorship dollars to get it going?
So I was away for all of last week with work, I was driving as opposed to flying and honestly I almost took it with me to work on it in the the hotel but in the end I decided not to

Soldering looks great about as far from half-assed as you can get... I removed the red cable from the ESC to RX plug so that the BEC is what is providing power rather than the ESC. I need to put a tiny dab of solder back onto that plug just to keep everything connected and ensure nothing shorts then I can wire up my old battery pack and should be good to go for a test run.

I am debating something unsure if I want to proceed yet, think it would look cool but would cost me like an extra 10$ so not sure if I shouldn't just stay focused rather than doing other stuff.

As far as funds well I do have two XMODs that are new that I need to list somewhere, they would help pay for the battery pack and charger but its not desperate. Also want to mod my TX to run off a lipo pack too.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....