View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyboss View Post
after several works on my EBs I've reached this cnclusion:
if you're going to hardly mod your xmods,such as hot motors,lithium ecc,it's better to put standard hobby-grade electronics(micro rx,esc and servo)
I think there's no need to spend time or energies in soldering and desoldering those tiny and delicate wires and EBs if performance don't get a big improovement.
just my 2 cents

But, however, if the PN racing leagues start allowing xmod based chassis with Mini-Z EP's and handout motors, it'd be worth it. Hell, if you race in HFAY, that'd be phenomenal, and you'd start seeing more and more xmods (gen1 of course, EVO's to, weird, lol) on the charts.

The great thing is, its not half as expensive as hobby grade, and with an AM system such as the Futaba 2PL (or something to the sort) that runs with a minor modified mini-Z reciever, the possibilities are endless. Throttle curve, steering trim, steering responce, only add to the fine tune ability.

Don't BS any xmod because its toy-ish. The elements are there, it just needs work. Oil shocks, adjustable camber/caster/toe in-out, high-turn track motor, diff tuning, and CoG adjustment, and you've got yourself a car that'll place right up there with the TGR sinister, and the Pro-Z.

Later,
RedSXmodder

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All

Last edited by RedSXmodder; 09-12-2007 at 08:59 PM..