View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 AM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

You can't fix stupid.

When you (I am speaking to everyone, not just the OP ) joined this forum did you know everything about the Xmod RCs? How they work; what an FET is; where the steering servo is; how many winds are on the armature in a Stage II motor; what aftermarket companies are around; where to find hard to find parts?

No. And if you think you did, you are flat out lying or joined a different board before this one and asked all of your questions over there.

It takes questions to gain knowledge. Some of us may not have had to ask many questions because we either took the time to find them a few posts, threads or pages back, or because at that time they were a hot topic that everyone was talking about. I know when I joined here the hottest topic around was crawling and how to convert your Xmod Truck to a crawler. Now you see very little threads on how to do that, and many of them that you do find are buried somewhere in the tutorials/FAQ sections of the Xmods sections. It wouldn't surprise me if some newly joined member pops up a thread asking how to do it; you just do not see crawling threads like you used too.

In response to the OP I say no. This proposed thread, as a couple have already mentioned, will just get cluttered. Another thing I see is when you, a new member, just joined and the thread is already on page twenty-six, who is going to want to go back and read all of those other posts just to find the answer to: "how do I convert MiniZ rims to Xmod rims?" And if they are lazy and don't find the answer and ask it again, how long is it going to take before some seasoned member responds with: "it was already answered! Find it yourself! Search this thread!"

To me, this is what the beginner's section of any forum is for. A new member should be able to post there asking questions about his or her Xmods, this website or anything else that they may need help with pertaining to the Xmod/MiniZ hobby without the threat of being flamed by seasoned members (which, more often that not, happens anyway and we get a huge fight to clean up over using the search feature...).

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."