View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
let me start off by appologizing for that crap with bhouse, i'm not sure what crawled into his turd cutter or why he chose me but i'm sorry that it got dragged into your thread

for the rear arch you shouldnt need to rip it off and start over.
just use a dremel and open the arch up a bit.

if you open the arch it will allow a wider tire.
i'm guessing that it's rubbing on the top of the arch so when you start trimming the arch, take just a little bit more from the top.

with that much putty on there, your always going to run the risk of destroying it whilst driving.
i've literally watched putty turn to dust on impact so my advice would be to leave it on the shelf and get a junky civic shell for a couple of bucks on the BST.

again, sorry for that junk last night.
cheers,
Bondo
no worries about that, wasn't your fault, some people just need to learn to respect others.

about the arches, it doesnt rub at the moment, i was jsut thinking because the wheels are really far in from the edge of the arch so i assumed that if i widened the wheels it would rub, but i would have to shave away the plastic which would make it weak.

what i meant when i said i may rip the whole arch putty off, was that the actual arch design needed to be redone so it looked better., not literally the archway semicircle, but the design of the rear arch.