View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon View Post
I use tamiya smooth type putty. I start by cutting the material for each fender all at once(it's a two part putty) that way I know I am molding each fender with the exact same amount of putty. I mix the portions for the fender as I am working on that fender so that I can take my time before they harder. Apply to the front fender, mold it to shape, do the same for the other side, then move to the rear. By the time I am done with the rear the fronts have hardened a bit, but the smooth type is still maliable for an hour or two, so I can reshape them as needed to get them as even as possible, repeat for the rear, then I let them dry overnight. The next day I use sandpaper rolled into a tube to shape the insides. Use a heavy grit so that it will last all four fenders, then more to a lighter grit for touch up, do the top with a finer grit. I use a sanding block for the edges trying to keep a continuous flow from from to back. It's tedious, but it gets the job done pretty well. They are a little off, but you don't notice it without looking hard.
ok thanks surgeon!

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants