View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) View Post
Yes your correct.. What Im planning to do is this.... Ok, the AAA battery tray on the bottom of the Xmod, You know the 4 little tabs that hold it on, that you cut off the chassis after popping the tray off so you can install Lipo.. Well.. for this mod I will first do that. 2nd.: I will keep the original tray and where the + and - wires were soldered to the tray and to the board, I will make a deans harness. 3rd I will make a second tray (using a old tray I have here.. I will cut the battery tabs out of it and reconfigure them into a 2p2s set up for 4 AAA liths. This tray will also have the deans harnes to plug it to the board. Either ttray can be swapped out just by unscrewing the 2 little screws on the bottom.. BAM done.. great questions.
Thats a pretty cool idea. I did it in my MA-010 by wiring up a deans plug to the positive and negative wires going to the board and just using a lipo that went in the stock AAA spot. This wouldn't likely work so well on an xmod evo but is a great option for MA-010 or Xmod gen.1.

BTW cute kid.