View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 01:58 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
He doesn't know wtf he's talking about.
Buddy, for 1/5th scale, mixing oil with gas is the mixture for the GAS ENGINES, not nitro0methane engines
Lol, what the heck do you think we've been talking about this whole time on nitro fuel, if it was gas, we would've said gas...
I think the only HPI that uses a gas engine in the Baja 5.
Wow! Sweet! Someone else who also knows what they're talking about!!!

I think stang_racer is only trying to say that stuff because he probably stuffed his Rustler engine from actually trying to mix 2-stroke oil in with the nitro

Anyway, yeah, HPI is the only American-ish company that uses petrol in their large scale R/C (I say American-ish because HPI is also Japanese).

The most prominent company who makes 1/5 large scale R/C is a European company by the name of FG Modellsport. They make the most high-end touring and F1 cars in R/C. Petrol powered, high end models also contain hydraulic disk brakes, while lower end models, usually called Ecoline or Sportsline, use cables/linkages to operate their disk brakes... Oh, and the disk brakes are actually mounted on the steering knuckle and rear uprights! So when the car steers, the disk goes with it!

Small pic, but you get the idea: