View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Talk to Ripper at R7R, he sells a chassic template and can cut it to lenght for you. I think it's like $7...

Lay your chassis out on styrene, dril a few holes throught and secure with bolts. Then drill the rest. The front end has some room for adjustment too.

What you want to do is reinforce what holds the servo and stiffen the chassis if you go custom. My eXo-T had the habit of the servo jumping out of place.

Also, what batteries are you going for? If you go the Li-ion route, consider cutting battery trays into the chassis. Lowers the COG a bit. Cut the springs and shorten your shocks and get it down a few MM's and it will handle even better...

And... Flip the rims the right way and possibly get some street meats. They're heavier but SUPER sticky. It will look more correct too.

EDIT:
On mine when I get money in my wallet again (after summer, as always) I'm doing shorter shock towers in CF as well as shortened Atomic Dampers. You might want to consider it, it can help quite a bit with the handling.

*Still need to ship my EP. I'll get it out 2mro.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"