View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 AM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

I assume you're talking about the new Gen3 Xmods with 2.4ghz technology and what not and not the Xmods Evo Streets.

I don't know much about the upgrades for the Gen 3 Xmods since I haven't looked much into it, but I don't think there are any AWD kits for the Gen 3 Xmods yet, if there ever will be an AWD kit for the Gen 3's.

As for making it faster, I believe that RadioShack does offer a lithium battery pack that will make your Xmods faster. At this point of time, it's $15 on sale, $20 not on sale. Another easy mod to do is to do a 5/6 cell mod. All you do is splice in a 1 or 2 AAA battery holder into the board, increasing the voltage therefore the speed. Unfortunately, the tutorials for the Gen3's are pretty lacking and since I personally haven't seen the wiring schematics of the Gen3's, I don't know if the 5/6 cell mod is possible. There's also the possibility of purchasing a new motor from RadioShack since I think they have a high speed motor kit. Otherwise you could swap out motors, but I don't know much about how to do that either.

So to recap, there is not an AWD kit and you can increase speed through RS's lithium-polymer kit, a 5/6 cell mod, or a new motor.