View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to atruebudfan Send a message via MSN to atruebudfan Send a message via Yahoo to atruebudfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Not the US government. Japanese government has though...

I read an article, the Japs are limiting the sales of the American cars, so that the goverment doesn't limit or tax japan more to save the American car copanies. I don't remember the magazine, but I'll post it later..

Kinda funny that the japanese are limiting thier own sales to keep the taxes from going up? Toyota has plants in America, and still had to import cars to keep up with the demand. Then HQ in Japan told them they had to stop selling less..

Japan doesn't want American cars to die off.. But if they do, Jap cars will have a (bigger) monopoly on the car world..
Well GM has about 20 Plants in the US and Toyota has about 5, i think they need to import.
And your wrong, Toyota would love nothing more then to see all of the US car companies die out, what would make them the richest company in the world. There like the 12th as it is i think.
And yes the taxing is high on importanted cars, but its completely right. A car produced in the US costs a lot more then one produce out side of the country. That's why the Government taxes imported cars. If they didn't the cars made out side of the US would be hundreds of dollars cheaper.
This is a reason GM now has plants in Canada and Mexico making cars for the US.