View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 05:03 PM
late model, xmods, microt

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63punk View Post
i like your gearbox idea. looks great ! cant wait to see the finished product!
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
Looks good so far! I could take those old wheels and tires of your hands
No sorry, but thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65mustangrock View Post
O i see what you did! just cut it in half, trimed a little, and put them back together. good idea for cutting at the molding point. did you like heat up the edges and stick em' together or what ?
for the first one(3 cuts) the other 3 i just made 2 cuts, i just measured what i wanted from the middle to both sides and cut from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1v1c View Post
Oooohhh! I have those tires also! I filled them with sand on the front to get a better center of gravity.
Too late i glues my rims in... i like these though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
awesome project.. but thats a hell of alot of work...
yes but it is fun.

Update:

Tires:
All 4 have been glues 3 times to get rid off as much holes as possible, even thought it dried white...with the 3rd layer. I might paint the rims a different color when the body is done.

Gearbox:
I just made the top 4 link mount. Lower cog and less weight compared to the first one.

Body:

The grill i was using wasn't going to fit since the front bumper(hilux grill and bumper). So i had to move the bumper down a mm. IT is good now. Just have to redo putty work which i started. Drivers side is before sanding, passenger side is almost done with sanding, then i have to putty it again for the right shape. The marks on the bumper is where there are little gaps inbetween the bumper and grill i am going to fill with putty.

Thanks.