View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default D8-E 1/8 Buggy Conversion

After my starter box not being strong enough to turn over the flywheel, not sure really if I wanted to stay with Nitro after nearly 3 years of running it so decided on a conversion for the Hot Bodies D8. No point in selling/trading it for a Ve8, the D8 has good the "right" upgrades in it, Kyosho Universals, Kyosho Hubs, Kyosho wing, Mugen rear shaft etc... so I figured, time to upgrade. This little mount arrived in the mail today from RC-Monster.

The buggy is stripped of all it's nitro gear(all of it is FS) and ready for conversion. Going to the LHS tomorrow to see how much a MMM is through them(2200kv combo) because I got an offer from a good friend who is a moderator on another forum for $255 shipped USPS to my door for it, depends on who has got the better deal But anyway, the main plans for this is
Castle MMM 2200KV motor
Castle MMM ESC
Turnigy 5200mAh 30C 7.4V LiPo(x2)
RC-Monster motor mount(already have)
New body(current one has nitro cut outs and peeling paint underneath), either Pro-Line Bulldog or Pro-Line Shift body, undecided yet. Pictures of the buggy will come later a VERY strong storm is rolling in so going to try to stay away from my laptop for the time being. Updates soon to come!

EDIT: Sorry about that didn't realize I forgot to switch my image sizes back to 800x600 fixed it!

Last edited by Stampedekid; 07-20-2010 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Re-sized image to 800x600