View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 03:15 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux
Default Posting pictures and links

Here is a list of a few commonly asked questions about the forum, and it's functionality.

First off....posting a picture.

For starters, a picture has to be hosted to the internet somewhere. I can't tell you how often I see img tags formatted correctly, but directed to something like "C:/My Documents/Xmod stuff/sweet skyline 1.jpg"

Your picture must use a link like this:
Code:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/Numbchux/PICT2437.jpg
Photobucket is a GREAT place to host them from.

any URL that ends in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, etc. can be used, it doesn't necessarily have to be hosted in your own account.

If you are using photobucket, log in to your account (or create one...if you don't already have one...don't worry, it's free), and you'll see a place to enter the location of your picture (much like the C:/My Documents... link above) with a "Browse" button next to it. Click the Browse button, find your pic, and then click ok.

Your screen should look something like this:

Then click "Upload"

Once the image has uploaded, you will see a little preview of it displayed below. Copy the entire contents of the "URL Link" box:

now, go to the thread that you want to post in, and click "Post New Thread" or "Post Reply".

you will see a tool bar like this above your text editing window:

click the Insert Image button (circled in Red).

then Paste your Link into the window that pops up:

And you should see something like this:
HTML Code:
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/Numbchux/PICT2437.jpg[/IMG]
or, you can manually enter the img tags as you see above.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC

Last edited by Numbchux; 02-23-2007 at 02:50 PM..