View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 01:40 AM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by motochimp View Post
If you don't mind me asking; I assume the white media you're using is styrene, but I can't make what the blue material you're using for the wing itself is; what material is that that you're using?

So I'd like to ask you; can you actually mold/build an xmod body if given the concept and sketches? It's not an already existing xmod body but one could be used as base start and fabricate from there on.

Reason why I'm asking is cause I've been wanting to try something out and attempt to recreate this " junkyard battle" hotrod I sketched out and maybe you could give me some pointers and kinda draw me into the right procedure.
To answer your first question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadV8 View Post
the blue material is the stock subaru spoiler.
As for the "molding" question, its easier to have an existing car on this scale to build onto, a good example of what you're asking be XMDrifter's Project Werks (both Versions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_am_lover_79 View Post
I don't mean ti knit pick but it looks like the (second picture) closest fin is just slightly taller than the others.

It does look awesome. I look forward to seeing the outcome.
Well I'm not gonna get at you like the others, I agree with you lol. Like I said I'm being rather OCD with this, I'm very upset that I can't get an exact color match but I have something fairly close. If it satisfies your OCD, when the putty goes on (next and 2nd to last step). The sanding step is going to even out all the fins, I just need to create the backing and clean up some open gaps.

(Honda Electron Blue for proximity of color)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue504life View Post
youve come a long way since the last thing of yours i saw, looks good should be nice once its done.
Hey Man, Thanks a lot, I've actually been looking for you recently, I haven't forgotten about your package, I know its been a while, but man, if you get the chance get on AIM, we haven't talking in a long time