View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 06:30 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux
Default August '08-'09 Buildoff '87 Un-Turbo Toyota 4Runner

alright....well, I've had this truck for almost 2 years now, and have done nothing with it but paint the wheels and valve cover.

I bought it over thanksgiving break almost 2 years ago. the previous owner ran it WITHOUT OIL for 300 miles! so, yea, engine and turbo need rebuilt (that's right, most likely still usable....). I put new main and rod bearings in it and replaced the timing chain tensioners. but the knock/slap didn't go away, and then I noticed that the turbo was leaking oil like mad. so, I wiped my hands of the project for about a year. when I noticed a rusty truck of the same generation that had been run into a pole. I offered the guy $200, and we settled at $250.

complete with running n/a 4-cyl motor AND a 5-speed (should I decide to swap, although I do prefer the auto for the rock crawling).

anyway, the parts truck has to be gone within the next 2 weeks.....so hopefully the white one will be resurrected very soon.

plans for the next year. fix it, probably make it bigger (that will depend on whether or not I remain in the lower 48 next summer....).

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC

Last edited by Numbchux; 08-29-2008 at 06:38 AM..