View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 04:57 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Just a few updates on the crawler, these are much clearer photos showing the inboarding of the lower links, you have to change the shock and link positions and you need a skid plate such as my STRC one which has the mounts to be able to do this:

Doing this not only helps with the clearance of ground based obstacles but also gives me some additional turning radius:

Installed the rear alloy servo mount in preparation for the rear steer upgrade, with all the space parts the only pieces I need to buy is the servo itself and the y-connector to power it:

The other modification I made today (which I don't have pictures of) was to cut the hell out of the foam tire inserts, what I ended up doing was cutting 1/2" off the width of them and then applying the star cut mod, the star cut mod is basically cutting the foam inserts into a star shape, the idea behind this mod is that less area of the foam is in contact with the tire making it easier for the tire to conform to various surfaces.

I haven't bother with pictures because it took me all day to do all 4 tires (around work) and they don't look that good they do however alter how the truck sits and crawls over obstacles, as I don't ever really plan on being in a competitive event this was a free and fairly easy mod to perform.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....