Thread: Mycro's RC18
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

soo...
i dont wanna explain, but i will
i was at my cousins house(the guys that got me into r/c)
i had taken my little speed demon..
He has a losi xxx-nt(dont know specs of it, i can find out for you)
and his brother has a rc10t2(his bro and my bro are couple months apart, they both have rc10t2's)
soo.. everything is charged(and filled) up

we start it up...

at first he didnt believe my rc18 could go faster than his xxx-nt(he is running a mod class .15 racing engine)

so.. we started doing some runs(to warm up my tires.. lol)

for the final speed run..(about 5 mins after we start driving)

we start.. my tx gltiches about 2 seconds after we had taken off(i was going quite fast)... the glitch activated the brakes and the servo.. the servo went nutz
car flips.. does a couple barrel rolls.. lands on all 4 wheels.. but i noticed.. the wheel are still spinning.. im not holding down the throttle.. and im
"OMG OMG WTF WTF"

and i see the rx swinging around

i "fly" to the car, try picking it up, but the wheels were ballooning too much, and i was scared.. i ended up picking up the car..(luckily, with all those flips, my front body clips flew off)

i threw the body off...
now.. another problem

i dont have an on-off switch, as it was cut off so its just a plug-in and go

now
how the bleep do we turn it off.. the tires are ballooning, and could possible fly off(and its not just any small ballooning, this is a 3s lipo+8000kv ballooning tire.. its quite sharp)

in this hassle, the rx is STILL swinging around.. it get caught on the rear are. trying to get it off.. the wire touches the tire and get almost a clean cut through the antenna wire =/.. go figure..

so after a hassle, we pull the plug(my bro was helping me)

and the damage...
Hinge Pin - gone, cracked through the arm
Arm - useless, the crack can allow a hinge pin to pop out any time
rx.. i COULD solder it back on.. but the range will be a lot less(as if im losing something, this rx/tx has been very glitchy lately and the range decreased by over 50ft within the past 2 months... my crappy AM tx/rx combo can go after with less glitches.. i guess from all the crashing.. i could have damaged the RX)

now.. let me show u the damage, and remember, this happened within 7 minutes MAX of starting to drive

the crash scene and removal was probably the longest 2 minutes of my life

now.. im trying of typing.. lets see pix

its pretty much self-explanatory

do you see anything wrong with the pic above?

i dont think it should be that far into the ball/cup.. and i dont think the hole should be that big LOL

just for a comparison, this is the front balls/cups(please. keep it PG lol)

and as you see.. all my shocks are now bleeding

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶

Last edited by mycrors4; 04-26-2010 at 10:23 PM..