Thread: Winner SCX10
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Hand still numb.... GAH!

well here it goes...

ESC, thought long and hard on this one, when i realized i needed new batteries i decided to go up to 3S then i decided i wanted an affordable ESC that i could use in pretty much every RC, looked at the Tekin FXR but the specs for the price are just sad tbh, and i dont like how people like Medic blow it up to be something huge, so i decided to choose a small business run by 1 guy in a basement with great rep and prices.

so i bought a Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster BR XL sport combo. for $9 added to the price of the ESC you get a sport motor with your choice of turns, i chose 35T

but funny story with the motor, after a few runs the com... well.... exploded...

i contacted John (owner of HH) and he offered to send me a new one but i told him all i really needed was the Armature and a set of brushes. so all is good

also the drive shafts started breaking at the hoops so i replaced with some t-maxx ones i had laying around, but the plastic out puts kept sliding off so i ordered a set of Junfac ones

they work great! you just gotta lube them up every once and awhile or else they will bind under pressure

that's it for now, the chassis is pretty much bulletproof as of now. from here on out its really just cosmetics i want. i really want some Tamiya TLT Axles because they are narrower. besides that i want an interior kit to mod to my liking and a drop bed and cover shell. maybe even a set of Dinky links if they ever come back in stock

till then... pics. outside pics to come

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants