View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:11 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
would you mind taking some pics of the chassis and suspension set up? just of the arms and how the shocks are set up?
Pictures found in next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Thats pretty cool donzi.... can I ask how much you paid and exactly what was included??
Thanks. If I remember correctly I paid $155 shipped from RPPHobby on eBay. It is the exact kit you can purchase from TowerHobbies for $169 or from RPPHobby for $175. This kit included everything but a transmitter and receiver. Some, if you're lucky, include LED light kits. But I wanted to do that separately.

I robbed the 55T lathe motor out of my Stampede and the XL5 since I didn't like Tamiya's included ESC. It's using the Futaba TX/RX package from my RC18 since I fried the Mamba and switched back to stock electronics. Uhm.. The servo is a Futaba S3003 from the same TX/RX package. The 55T is a little fast for my liking so I'll probably order a 75T or 85T later on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSynch View Post
Kyle, that is just awesome that you are getting into the scale scene. I had one, and they are tons of fun!

I am considering getting one again. If you have any specific questions about how to mod it, lift the front suspension a bit, or upgrades, feel free to ask me.

Aweosme choice.
Thanks! You won't regret it; they're a ton of fun and seem to be very durable. Well, you should know that, anyway.

I plan on doing a 3mm brass bushing lift like I've seen plastered all over RCC and Scale4x4. Seems simple and effective. I'm also looking into upgraded shoes; any suggestions? I don't want to hack away at the tub chassis, though.. which really hinders my choices..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodracer1 View Post
Nice choice Donzii! How many turns are on that motor? I spy an XL-5 ESC in there! Haha. If mine had a connector still on it, I'd sell it to ya. Waterproof FTW :lol But nice choice Donzii(I'm joking around about selling the ESC). What are your plans for color on this? I hope you and the other mods don't mind me posting this but my buddy from another forum did an amazing project on I believe the same chassis.
Ok can't find it, I'll find it later but he did an amazing job so you have to see it
Keep looking. I'd like to see it. Thanks!

Pictures in following post.

Oh, and I haven't seen any paint suggestions?!

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."