View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Default Been gone a while.. got some new full size toys. Pic heavy.

Haven't had real internet for almost 2 years now, moved to Oklahoma, got a new job and was living in the country.. moved to town and now I finally have real internet again.

Got two new (to me) pickups while I've been down here. Lots of pics will be posted, as I have been doing a lot to both of them.

First up:
97 GMC Sierra K1500
6" RCX lift
35" Nitto Mud Grapplers on 18" wheels

Day I brought it home. The black is rhino lining.

Extra lighting.. necessity when you live in the country.

Bullbar and lighting temporarily removed.. I have a full bumper replacement for it but I have had no time to put it on (needs fab work on the brackets)

My favorite pic of it.

Lucky for me the idiot redneck didn't know how to do prep work..

But this is what he covered up...

At this point, I bought a brand new grille and made plans to buy all new headlights and all the other accessories on the front, paint the grille white and install it.. haven't been able to get around to this either but I have some of the parts at least.

Bought new wheels and tires, but am not running them due to off set issues with the factory wheels. So the Grapplers are back on it. Need to get wheels that push the tires out more for the new tires.

First time in the snow while I've owned it.

Scored me some flares for cheap. And this is the most recent pic I have of it.

Now, onto the other new toy.
2004 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT 6.0

Day I bought it. Yes it has a topper, and yes it's staying.

Sits just as high as my Sierra with a 6" lift..

My fleet.. excluding my Camaro.

Bought a bumper for it.. pretty rough shape but I scored a deal on it that I couldn't refuse.

After lots of sanding and painting.

Got it mounted, and ordered the bracket kits for my factory fogs and tow hooks to be installed.

I don't really do any wheeling in it, but I do play a little bit.. didn't buy this truck to go mudding in.

Wanted to see how it looked without the topper.. I like it how it looks, but the topper is just WAY to handy.

May not look like much, but that's 7k lbs of trailer and wood on there. Pulled it like a champ for 120 miles.

Got a full front end re-build. Suspension was SHOT.

After TWO months of waiting.. finally got my bracket kits in!

Plans for this one, not much.. new tires. Recon smoked LED cab lights, and a throatier exhaust. Eventually a cold air intake, maybe a tune.. I am REALLY happy with this truck how it is though. May only get 10mpg, but I don't care..