View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
aka xmod4life

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Kustom Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrizal View Post
thats really interesting so you can add a motor to it and make it an rc or is it already an rc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
first of all
WELCOME!
and now for your question
It was a Losi Micro-Crawler and he is adding a scale body to it, to make it look better
Like mycrors4 said, it started off as a 1/24 Losi Micro Rock Crawler, I'm using a 1/25 Aoshima Toyota Hilux Double Cab as the model kit conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
Why so creative guy (: Suspension even looks scale. If this was FB, i would like and unlike 9000 times. Plan on keeping the stock crawler tires? (:
Thanks Kevin, I was inspired by a member from Scale4x4 in this project, and I'm keeping the stock tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting View Post
are you going to be lowering the truck any further? becuase sitting that high it doesnt look much like a scaler, just a mini monster truck or mudder.
From the last update, the truck was only a mock up, the ride height will be lower than that.

Update: Lowered the ride height a little, also moved the front axle forward, front suspension links mounted. (In the photos, there's no suspension shocks installed on the chassis)

This will be the ride height when its done.

Stock front bumper, don't really like the look of it, so they got to go, I will be building a custom one in the future.

Added front fender flares, and since the front axle is moved forward, I had to chop off a bit of the wheel well to clear up the tires from turning. (Fender flares are just a mock up)

Made room for the tranny to fit in.

Last edited by Dr. Kustom; 04-07-2010 at 05:51 PM..