View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Have not been able to get outside with it yet as we have been getting snow the last few days. Claimed speed is 20mph. It is bouncy but that can be helped according to one guy who has modded his GP by drilling out the hole in the shocks and changing the oil to a lower viscosity. As far as the price it is not bad when compared to the ClodBuster. $249 for a GP whereas a Clod is going to run you $300 for the truck and then another $100+ for radio and servos. I don't think the price is too bad for a 4WD, 4WS monster truck that is RTR. There are several locations to mount the shocks and linkbars that will lower the chassis.

Crawford Performance Engineering designed the Ground Pounder for the person who wants to get into monster trucks and be able to make them better as they grow without spending a fortune.

I just want a truck that I can bomb around the backyard with, not overly concerned with speed but then again I have not had a chance to really run it at full speed. I have read where people have put brushless motors in with lipos and got a good boost in speed. Although this also requires upgrading the drive train.