View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 PM

Trader Rating: (0)

absolutely love my Motorola Xoom....was 3G but they gave me a free upgrade to 4G and a free docking station (not that I have a tablet plan, bluetooth tethering to my Droid X or WiFi). I'm running rooted ICS and have an Otterbox Defender case.

I'm not an Ipad hater by any means but there are a few key advantages IMO with the Xoom:

play movies in ANY format, no converting
micro-sd card slot, I have a 32GB card in mine
HDMI out port, true mirror image on my 42"
USB port, I can add external or thumb drives, wireless mouse/keyboard, etc
best mobile browsing via Chrome
so much customization - Live wallpaper, multiple 'desktop' screens, widgets, etc
plenty of apps and development
Flash isnt a deal breaker for the Ipad but it's nice to have it working

Maybe the customization thing isnt as big of a deal, but everyone I know with an Ipad is NOT jailbroken and they all seem stock and the same. The Ipad is def thinner and sleeker but it's not like you're gonna put these things in your pocket I do miss iTunes since I use that on my laptop and Ipods but just like Cloud, we have Google Music so all of my music is available to my Xoom and Droid X.

anyway, I really like the Xoom, the Galaxy, and the Ipads....cant go wrong with any of those. Friend has the Kindle Fire and it is pretty neat too....I wasnt in love with the OS but it worked pretty well

Last edited by GrtOutdoors; 02-24-2012 at 10:30 PM..