Thread: Hpi Wk?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
1. Is it durable? Yes, they're pretty durable depending on what you're going to do with them.

2. Can you make it brushless? Do you want brushless for speed or do you want brushless down-geared so you can crawl with it?

3. Yes. They will work.

4. Yes. They work fairly well on un-easy conditions.

5. Yes. I know of a guy who has a nice set of aluminum beadlock tires with Pro-Line Moabs. Beautiful, just beautiful!

Now to get down to the real business:

The HPI Wheely King (4x4) makes a very potential crawler when you want it to come to that. But there are a few things standing in it's way when you want it to be a speed demon or a crawler. It has a VERY high COG and has a VERY high tendancy to flip in high speed turns and when crawling up a sheer-face. The problem with this is because of the way the chassis is set-up.

I have driven my friends HPI Wheely King (4x4 version) many times before and I liked the way it handled when going slow. For being 4x4 it could do just about anything I threw at it that was feesable for it to do. Even brushed (27T motor, very high T for stock) it could do a lot of things you wouldn't think it would be able to do.

Speed of a stock wheely king is not very fast, I'd say about the same speed as a stage two Xmod. And I'm being honest here.

I find the steering servo to be very slow, so you would want to upgrade that. But, it was very strong; so if you wanted to do crawling it would be an OK servo.

As you said before in a few posts you are a speed freak. This is not a speed freaks chassis by any means, and guys; neither is the Axial. Axial is a crawler not a Nitro 4tec.
Thanks for the info. Maybe a crawler rig I will make it...when and IF I get it. I don't have the patience and time to get an Axial or something that you have to build. That's why I thought of the WK. When and if I get it, I'll see if I like it doing wheelies, or turn it into a crawler so I can use it on snow and on very rough terrain. Maybe it might be time for me to go slower and make it a crawler when I get it. Besides, I already own a nitro.