Thread: My New Whip
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cja62594 View Post
Oooo nice Jetta pretty good deal for 2500 dollars! you got the car with those green gauges? they look tight
Thanks I think it was a good deal and the green gauges came with it i think they are awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Could have gotten it for less. 120,000miles is pretty high.

So exhaust and CAI ; why not do a rebuild on the engine instead? Beef up the bottom end, slap on a turbo. The CAI is only good for 5hp at the crank. The exhaust isn't much either.

Say both give you 10hp(total) to the crank, 20hp together. After the friction, heat, and general lose, you only receive say, 5hp at the wheels. Not worth it truthfully.
Not going all out exhaust just muffler and a new tip, current tip is to small and a muffler to give it a nice exhaust tone. And the air intake I was thinking to give it slightly better gas mileage because i think it gives better mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19birel View Post
Though the mileage is high it's a Volkswagen and they tend to hold their value very well. Id say do some suspension work to it first.
No suspension work due to living in Minnesota I can't go any lower or I will get stuck all the time or this thing would be lowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
Fresh black paint, black rims, a drop, cam, header, cheap ebay intake, Vroommmmm!!!!!
Leaving the paint I like the color only some minor blemishes that i can probably fix myself, rims either black rims or gunmetal grey i think both would look sweet I'll try to put up a pic of the ones i am thinking about or i'm gonna put a black or gun metal lip on the stock rims, drop can't happen as said above, cam to much work don't have the money, headers not gonna do probably gonna swap from the muffler back, cheap air intake probably gonna do that,

sorry took so long to respond everyone been caught up in other stuff.
Little update here battery i shot getting a new one in soon and then getting the wiring harness to put the cd player from my beretta in this car and again sorry for not replying sooner
Edit: Here are the rims i liked 356 for a set 4 14 inch rims they are sparco pista
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

Member of Team Minnesota's Loudest

Last edited by KCowboy620; 04-29-2011 at 05:10 PM..