View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

OK guys I figured that is it looks like my new body is lost at sea I may as well share my nightmare with you....

So obviously I wanted a Mustang body for my TT-01 luckily HPI produced a GT-R Mustang shell and I managed to find an eBay seller who custom painted shells as requested.

I sent him photos of my car, told him I wanted the body painted identical, so Windveil Blue with the black superstripe, he told me not a problem body and the wing could also be done to match my car, this was back in November 09 and he told me there would be a delay due to Christmas but the shell would be done and out at the start of January, I waited and I waited and I contacted him and told me it was going out next day, two weeks later nothing so I contact him and tell him nothing has been received, a week later he gets back to me and tells me it must have been lost so another one will be going out the following week, 2 weeks go by and he finally gives me a tracking number, 2 more weeks and nothing he just keeps telling me the USPS site is slow to update blah blah blah.... well finally May 2010 the body shell arrives but I have to say I am less than impressed...

The stripes are duct tape, the paint job is terrible, the wing is not painted, there are runs everywhere, the cutting is crap, my list of problems go on so here are a few photos:

The only positive thing I have to say about it is that the color match is really good, the flash kind of ruins it but in natural light it looks really nice.

So I got back in touch with him, showed him the problems and ask him the next step, he tells me to send it back and he will fix it so I do, when he gets it he tells me he will refund me the money, I tell him I don't want a refund I want the body he told me he could paint so he says to more weeks, 7 weeks go by and I still don't have an answer, I email him daily and then finally yesterday he tells me he will be refunding me this week to which I just say "fine" honestly this guy has been such a douche to deal with I want nothing more of him.

I'll get my money back and the paint the shell myself.

For those interested the eBay seller's profile:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

I wish I had done some more research because I'm not the only person unhappy with his work.

Then his website is:

http://rcracingzone.com/

He get's some really nice pre-painted shell's but they are direct from HPI or other sources so I wouldn't even waste my time buying from him

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....