View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

If you have no tools to cut and no skills to weld, why are you buying a floor pan? That rust is very minimal and would only need patch panels. As minor as cutting a square out, cutting a square of new metal, and welding it in.

Stop driving it with out tags, and insurance. I would hope you learned that lesson the last time.

You need to take a step back, and make a check list of what needs to be done. It's called the punch list. Your going many different directions. Yes there is a problem with restoring a daily driver, it won't be a reliable thing to restore. Putting your work against the clock makes you rush which makes your quality of work go down. Your definition of Restoration must be very off if you think it can be a daily driver. Many "resto" projects like rust repair, and mechanical work can, and probably will take more than a weekend.

Just take your time and don't cut corners. Because, being in that car's next buyer's position, it is a pain in the *** to cover for the last guy's rigging crap.

There is no rush if the car isn't legal. The Chevy took 2 years, and it was worth waiting that 2 years to get everything done right.

Quote:
I've tunned it, messed with it, and it still doesnt just start up in the morning like it should, I have to hit the gas a couple times to get it to fire properly, still doesnt really matter though.
Welcome to owning a carburetted car, that's normal. The engine has to be rich to start. As far as tuning, you and the guy before are probably doing it wrong. Best go look up a book on the carb and really read into it. half the time it's not he carb that's junk, it's the person miss-tuning it.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 04-04-2009 at 07:41 PM..