Thread: Gnu to xmods
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

Trader Rating: (8)

Just get a Mini-Z. They are the best. lol, j/k. I've had Xmods and I currently own a AWD Mini-Z. I love them both. I'm really into my Z right now, but my Xmods were great. My Mini-Z is costing me a small fortune, lol. My wife really likes to rub it in my face with how much I pay attention to it, and not her, lol.

Xmods are fun. They are cheaper, can handle more abuse, easy to upgrade. I would suggest you get the awd upgrade, at least a stage 2 motor upgrade, and the suspension upgrade. You should also get the drift tire upgrade, but if you have some electrical tape, then just tape your tires up. It works great. I do that with my Mini-Z and it is a blast. I would definitely get the tight turns upgrade. It is really easy to do, and if you know anyone with a solder gun they can probably do it for you.

Good choice of Xmods too (I would have chosen a Skyline though, lol j/k). I really like the Gen 1's. Careful when you take it apart though, the wiring can be a bit fragile. I think you will really enjoy it. If you really start to get into the hobby, then you might want to take a look at a Mini-Z. I started with Xmods, then got a Mini-Z.

Before anyone starts to cry about me bashing on Xmods, I'm not. I just gave my opinion on them (and if you actually read everything I wrote, I didn't do any bashing). I love Xmods, but I'm now into Mini-Z's