View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckerz View Post
any chance you would make some rims that would fit a mini-z mr-01 but the same size as a xmods truck slammed rim?

they look really smooth and clean maybe you should start selling sets of them...
Hmmmm....mr-01 slammed rims. I'll have to look into that. No d-hole that's a bonus. I have already made a set of slammed wheels for my drift ram project. And when I first thought of making wheels it was with the intention of selling them but I got a little discouraged by the problems with the d hole. This set I decided to make with the intention of using XI rim adapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
CNC'd? How much does a set run?

I think someone with a small lathe and some good plastic/metal could make rims like this as well. Like simple rims, maybe some holes. More intricate stuff would need a CNC machine (or a really good machinist).
What do you mean 'how much does a set run?'? I made them myself. I do wish I had access to a lathe as well but the machine I am using I couldn't use with blank wheels made on a lathe and then machine them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
very cool... do you plan on coming up with more intricate designs? How much corian do you have access to?
I'm not sure of more intricate designs. I have limited tools at work. More intricate designs would require smaller tooling than the ones that I have at work. As for Corian, I have more scraps of Corian than you could imagine. Seriously, there's probably enough kicking around to make 1000's of sets of wheels, but do you really want forest green or ocean blue or sand beige wheels? I have lots of white but very little black, which are the best colours of choice for wheels.