View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 03:05 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Guess who's going to UTI!?

That's right. XMS's very own AJB32690 got accepted to Universal Technical Institute in Orlando. I'm taking the core Automotive class as well as the Ford FACT training. In about a year and a half I will be a Master Automotive Technician! I don't start classes till October 5th... I wish it were sooner, but I've got to save up some money so I can find my own place... Anyway, I went on a tour of the place on Thursday, and let me tell you guys, I thought my jaw was about to fall off, it was hanging open the whole time. Giant classrooms filled with tons of engines, classrooms filled with tons of performance engines, classrooms filled with brake systems, classrooms filled with electronics, classrooms filled what whatever car parts you could imagine, several garages, the biggest had about 30 cars in it. Three dynos (One was just an engine dyno) and loads of other fun things. I saw more turbos and superchargers than I had ever seen before. According to my guide, at one part during the course, there is actually a build-off between all the students in the class. (The class sizes are only about 25-30 people, sometimes less) You have to build an engine, stick it in an old t-bucket roadster and dyno test it. The student with the most HP/TQ wins. The FACT thing is pretty cool too. The class size is even smaller (Around 15 students) and it focuses mostly on some of the more complicated computer systems found on newer Fords and even high-end vehicles. The representative told me about one of the students that she knew (She only handles 1/8 of the students) graduated top 90% of his class in both the core classes and the FACT program and got hired on the spot by Mercedes and his starting wage was over $80,000! I can't wait to start! October is too far away!