View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:07 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

take my advice, SLOW DOWN!
your getting a bit too antsy in your pantsy.
devide the car into sections,pick something to work on and stick with it otherwise your going to end up with a huge parts pile scattered about wich usually results in lost parts/screws/bolts and/or forgetting how it goes back together wich results in extra parts/screws/bolts..
you've got enough work in the floorboards that you don't need to be working on the wiper motors.

the best tip i can give you is to prioritize and take your time.
you need to decide if your going to make this a driver or a resto.
if it's going to be a driver then your already going a bit too far.
if it's a resto then you need'nt worry about bulbs right now.

talk to people that know the goins on before you go diving head first into something you know little about.
the reason that i say this is because your already taking 2 steps back for one forward.
some "rust treatment" and rubberized undercoating are not going to cut it.
all that does is create an uber sticky pain in the *** bandaid for the next guy to rip into it.
if you do it right the first time then it wont have to be done again and noone will have to curse you for your BS bandaid.
even if it's you that's going to have to go back and do it again, save yourself a headache, spend 100$ on supplies and do it right.

sand and grind all of that off,paint,rust, all of it.
brush on some ospho let it do it's thing.
sand,grind again and then PAINT it.
put the undercoating ontop of the paint.

then, when it comes time to pull the carpet back up to fix the holes properly,all you have to do is grind a small ring around where your patch is going to go instead of having to do it all over again.

Last edited by bondo; 04-03-2009 at 11:11 AM..