View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Your first hobby-grade

Like the title says, post your first hobby-grade R/C!

Its posted here because some users may have started off with electric, some with nitro!

I'll start off.

My first hobby-grade was a Team Associated RC10B4 'Team' kit. I got it in 2003/4 (can't remember exactly.

I recently got it running today, even though the ESC I'm using isn't as good as the one I used back then (Novak Dually then, Tamiya TEU-101BK now), the steering servo is top notch. Its stupid-fast! (Futaba S9451). I'm using my SECOND receiver, a JR Racing R135 in it. I used to use an Airtronics one that came with my 75MHz FM MX-3, but that died out a long time ago. Air't transmitter, JR receiver, Tamiya ESC, Futaba steering servo... What a bad combination (its recommended that you stick with one brand) Ah well...

I also 'patched' up my first body that I've ever painted. I patched up my old cooling hole for the Novak Dually with electrical tape, I also used zip-ties to keep things together Just for kicks, I put a computer CPU's HSF (heatsink fan) on the body to make it look pretty outrageous

I've now got two brand new bodies that I need to paint up, because seriously, would you drive this thing with a body that looks like this? I think not...

New bodies!

So who's next?