View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Though there's no youtube of it, I love a song that when you take apart it's lyrical format and simply lay it out like a paragragh, create a story.

The Stone Coyotes:
House of Confusion

Quote:
After the fact it’s hard to explain. I think I went in to get out of the rain. But all that, really doesn’t matter now. There was nothing that told, nothing that warned. Just a path that looked a little forlorn. On a dead-end street that made me uneasy somehow...

There was dirt on the window and dust on the stair, nothing in the room but an old vinyl chair. I don’t need to tell you, I wasn’t jumping for joy. I called out, “Where has everybody gone?” Someone left the record player on; Marc Bolan singing “Twentieth Century Boy”

Now I don’t know what’s real and what is not. I might have known once, but I forgot. I crossed the threshold and something occurred... The clock struck zero and time stood still. The rain doesn’t stop, and it never will. I can assure you that every line is blurred...

In the House of Confusion

Lit by the lamp of fantasy

Was it truth or illusion?

I don’t know – You tell me
Rock Harder Than You
Quote:
Once upon a time, A boy and a girl made a solemn vow to rock the world. But one fateful night beneath the silvery moon, he sold his soul. Yes, he changed his tune...

She said, "No matter where you go, no matter what you do- I’ll make it a point to rock harder than you."

We used to play till sunrise on two guitars. Now I play in the shadows, while you mingle with the stars. You follow the fashions, you change with the trends, you go out and be seen with your political friends.

I’ll rock forever, I’m sticking to my guns. While you’re counting your gold in the California sun. But you know in your heart [that] you’re living a lie. A keeper of the flame? Let the flame die.

"No matter where you go, no matter what you do- I’ll make it a point to rock harder than you."

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere