Thread: lipo question
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass_savage View Post
i plan on running a 2s saddle pack.

i know the max voltage the board can handle is 8.4v witch equals a 2s lipo as fully charged they are 8.40? volts but what about the c rating? what is the highest c rating the board/stock motor or upgraded motor could take? i see alot of people using 10c batteries but that just seems low to me... in my hobby grades i run a 28c pack and a 40c pack.

if i have to stack fets that's fine but even then could they handle a 40c battery?
how bout a "hot" motor or stock motor? could they handle the power? or would they toast?
Your car can handle a lipo battery with any amount of "C" rating. C is the current the batteries can flow or its maximum discharge rate. The reason 10c is just as good as anything else is because unlike voltage, the motor will only pull a certain amount of current and no motor is going to draw more than 10C. Your board and motor can take any "C" rating, and they will all yield the same results.

To be more precise, the batteries "C" rating can be multiplied by its capacity and then when that number is divided by 1000, then you get the current the particular battery can flow.

So if the battery rating is 10C and the capacity is 1000mah then that is 10,000, divide that by 1000 and you get 10Amps maximum current flow.

Last edited by Action B; 02-23-2010 at 11:58 AM..